Southern NH Ukulele Group (SNHUG) Message Board › IDEAS for SNHUG

IDEAS for SNHUG

Dan M.
user 12912850
Group Organizer
East Hampstead, NH
Post #: 7
Hi guys I thought I would start a new thread where everyone could list ideas for future events and activities. Here are some things I would like to see happen.
1 An open mike night where we take over a restaurant and have group members play for all attending. I imagine small groups within the group or solo performers entertaining us all.
2 A party when we reach 100 members. Maybe this would be combined with idea 1.
3 A new member night where with activities and entertainment designed to welcome those who exist as members but haven't showed up at meet ups and events
4 A charity fund raiser where we entertain for a deserving cause
If you have event ideas you would like to see happen, please add them to this discussion thread. Thanks
Toby R.
Toby_R
East Kingston, NH
Post #: 7
When I worked at Lucent, we had a group of banjo players that would go to the Brentwood nursing home for a mini concert. The residents were always appreciative.
David C.
user 73376602
Kingston, NH
Post #: 8
Nursing home gigs always have an appreciative audience like Toby says. The open mic night is also a great idea. Food and music are great companions. I'm off to downunda. See you all in six months. Cheers dc
Richard A B.
user 55832002
Contoocook, NH
Post #: 5
The Upper Valley Uke Club just did an open mic night and it was a lot of fun!

Dick
Dan M.
user 12912850
Group Organizer
East Hampstead, NH
Post #: 8
We need a nursing home event coordinator. They would pick a set list, invite players, arrange a few practices. I love this idea. Johnny seems to be into the older standards maybe he would get this rolling. I'm sure others would help as many have expressed interest in playing for the seniors.
Dan M.
user 12912850
Group Organizer
East Hampstead, NH
Post #: 9
Also if anyone knows a centrally located restaurant that would host an open mike let me know. THANKS