align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Southern NH Ukulele Group (SNHUG) Message Board › Music Theory and Ear Training Course Taught by Me!

Music Theory and Ear Training Course Taught by Me!

Alex K.
user 104980032
Eliot, ME
Post #: 9
Announcing new music course for adult education and enrichment!

Beginning Theory and Ear Training
Description: Singers and musicians with a devotion to honing their musical understanding and with little or no prior knowledge of theory and/or reading music are encouraged to take this course. Topics include an overview of the piano keyboard, scales, key signatures, intervals, and chords. The course will help musicians develop skills in singing on pitch, listening, reading and writing musical notation, and analyzing what they hear.
Required materials: staff paper, pencil, folder or 3-ring binder

Thursdays: April 3 - May 29 (8 sessions), 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
(no class on Thursday, April 24 due to April vacation)
York High School, chorus room
1 Robert Stevens Drive
York, ME 03909
Cost: $69
Click on "courses," "music and dance," and "Beginning Theory and Ear Training"

Saturdays: April 12 - May 31 (8 sessions), 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
McConnell Community Center, room 220
61 Locust Street
Dover, NH 03820
Cost: $90 (Dover residents), $100 (non-Dover residents)
Click on "programs," "enrichment classes," "music," and "Beginning Theory and Ear Training"
Dave D.
user 52160832
Wells, ME
Post #: 3
Alex… I would love to take your course but have conflicts with the posted dates. Please let me know if you provide other dates/times. Can't think of anyone more qualified!! Dave D (Silver Strummers)
Alex K.
user 104980032
Eliot, ME
Post #: 10
That stinks! So far, only 1 person has signed up for my York course. I think the minimum is 4 people for a course to run, so please, please spread the word!

As for you, if you would like to study theory with me, I also offer private lessons at my home studio in Eliot, as well as piano and voice lessons.

In addition, it is very possible that I will offer the adult ed theory course again in the fall, as the Marshwood and Kittery adult ed centers are currently filled up for the spring semester but said they might consider it for the fall catalog.

Please keep me posted!

Thanks so much,
Alex
Alex K.
user 104980032
Eliot, ME
Post #: 11
If you know of anyone else who might be interested in studying with me but can't take either of my adult ed courses at this time, I'm willing to offer a group theory class at my Eliot studio if everyone can find a time that works!

Feel free to send me an e-mail or find me on Facebook if you'd like to make arrangements or ask any scheduling questions! Thank you!
Alex K.
user 104980032
Eliot, ME
Post #: 13
Hi all,

I have 2 people signed up for my York class and no one signed up for my Dover class. I need at least 4 students in order to run a class. Please reply, e-mail me, or find me on Facebook if you might be interested or you have any questions. I hope to hear from you! Thanks so much!
Alex K.
user 104980032
Eliot, ME
Post #: 14
Hello all,

It looks like the Dover class on Saturday mornings is a no-go, but there is still a chance that I could teach it in York on Thursday nights. So far, there are 3 people signed up, and I need a minimum of 6 in order for the course to run. Please reply or send me an e-mail if you are interested or have any questions! Thanks so much!
Alex K.
user 104980032
Eliot, ME
Post #: 15
Last call! My beginning music theory and ear training adult education class starts on Thursday, April 3 at York High School! It runs for 8 weeks and goes from 6 to 8 PM. I am definitely running it with the 5 people I have, but I would love to have at least one more since the minimum number is 6! If anyone would like to sign up, please go to http://york.maineadul...­ Thanks so much, and I hope to teach you! Please spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested!