Great Basin Permaculture Message Board General Discussion Forum › Permaculture Residence Opportunity (near Downtown Las Vegas)

Permaculture Residence Opportunity (near Downtown Las Vegas)

Anand Sahaja, C.
AnandSahaja
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 28
I posted this on Craigslist: http://lasvegas.craig...­
- but I don't think a lot of permies are there looking for housing....
So thought I'd post here - please pass along if you know anyone interested.

Opening for a full time resident member at our urban homestead near downtown Las Vegas. Our focus is on growing organic vegetables and herbs, both culinary and medicinal, creating a food forest on a small urban property and eventually teaching people about healthy lifestyle. We have raised beds, tools, a vast library, are into food self reliance, permaculture, and are eventually looking into chickens (for eggs only) and bees. We also do food preservation activities such as dehydrating and fermenting. We do NOT eat meat, so prefer someone who is vegetarian and/or raw vegan oriented. Also, the residence is geared toward alcohol and drug-free lifestyle.

We have a Meetup Group (http://www.meetup.com...­) and would love to bring someone in who is excited about offering periodic workshops to the community in herbs, homesteading skills, or whatever you like. We are partnering with the Real Food Las Vegas and the new local Food Hub to raise our community consciousness. We would love to find a co-creator who has energy and ideas to add to this community.

Looking for a full time resident, private single twin bed room in main house is available in October. Regular work hours in garden are expected and a contribution for rent & utilities is also expected. We are looking for someone with experience in gardening, construction skills, interested in green building, experience in permaculture a plus. Someone who has experience and willingness to teach and work.

We value communication, authenticity, spirituality without dogma, personal space, freedom, work, play, laughter, art, music, learning, and growing.

Sorry, no pets and no smoking.
sahara at maryland parkway
michael c
user 32929562
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 1
Sounds like a great deal, if I would would totally take this offer as I can offer much in return, or at least have a look at your wonderful garden.
Anand Sahaja, C.
AnandSahaja
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 29
Hi Michael,

Thanks for replying.
Are you looking for a place to stay?
If so, please send me a private message and I can send you my contact info.

If not, you could join our meetup as we have small classes here now and then and you could swing by then.
http://www.meetup.com...­

anand
Anand Sahaja, C.
AnandSahaja
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 30
P.S.
We will actually have new pets this weekend. Worms for our worm bin!