WELCOME TO THE SOUTHERN NM HERPES & HPV COMMUNITY! WE’RE SO GLAD YOU FOUND US!
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! This group’s purpose is to provide support, friendship, social activities, events, and life beyond H because it does NOT define who you are! Our Meetup page is a private, approved members-only page & only members can view its content. At this time this Meetup group is starting based primarily out of the Las Cruces area, however, we welcome friends from the El Paso area and all over Southern NM!
WARNING:This group is for caring, supportive, community-minded members; if you are involved in criminal activity, drugs, gang activity, only looking for “hookups”, or are just an unsavory character in general this group is not for you. We reserve the right to deny or remove members if they are deemed inappropriate for our group.
JUST READING ABOUT THIS GROUP OUT OF CURIOSITY?
We hope you will take the time to consider the statistics below & be compassionate toward those with HSV/HPV. Do you know 4 people? Then guess what, you know someone with herpes. Do you have 4 relatives over age 14; then you are probably related to someone with it. Have you had sexual relations with at least 4 people in your lifetime? You guess it.... the point is this is a common yet highly stigmatized condition and your compassion and understanding can make the difference in someone's life. AND if you happen to know someone who does have herpes or HPV; please share the existence of this group with them! Thank you!
DID YOU KNOW….
• 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 Americans over the age of 14 have herpes….
• Over 60 million Americans have herpes…
• There are over 500,000 new cases each year….
• 80-90% of Americans will contract HSV I or II over the course of their lifetime
• Herpes is so common that many doctors do not emphasize testing and HSV testing is not part of routine STD testing; you must request it…
• Transmission by oral herpes “cold sores” (typically caused by HSV 1 but can also be HSV II) is now responsible for approximately HALF of all new genital herpes cases….
• AND approximately 80-90% who have herpes do not even know it because symptoms may be so benign or non-existent!
HOW DO I JOIN & WHAT ABOUT MY PRIVACY ON OTHER MEETUP GROUPS?
To join; sign up for Meetup account and send an email to an organizer requesting to be admitted to this group. Your information will be reviewed by an organizer and you will be contacted through your Meetup profile with further information and instructions. * Please be patient, it may take a few days as organizers have lives too! If you already have a Meetup profile you can use the same one BUT you may want to use the profile settings to keep other members of other Meetup groups from viewing your membership with this group. OR you may just want to create a separate Meetup profile with a different email address (be sure to still use the profile settings to assure your privacy).
DON’T LET OUR MEMBER NUMBERS FOOL YOU! The Meetup group is a gateway to a larger, fun, and friendly group of men and women in New Mexico. But you won’t know until you get there….. : )
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Southern New Mexico & El Paso H Community||April 8, 2013 8:18 PM||anonymous|