Neal
LBTS-walker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 192
Does anyone have lock picking skills? Would anyone be interested in doing a presentation for the group on the subject?

What if you got locked out of your house post SHTF and a professional locksmith was unavailable?

Knowing how to pick a lock may make many of us reconsider the level of security at our homes as well.
Brad
user 55009552
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 21
I wonder what the legality of a presentaion on this subject are. I do have a lock pick that I purchased from northern tool a wile back. Would love to actually figure out how to use the dang thing.
Neal
LBTS-walker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 201
It is completely legal to learn this skill set.You don't want to practice on your front door because you risk damaging your own lock. The law does get sticky when it comes to traveling with a lock picking tool. If you are stopped and questioned by police, it would be difficult to explain what you are doing carrying the lock picking tools. This in turn would raise suspicions against you of carrying "burglary tools", which could lead to an arrest under a charge of "loitering and prowling".

That being said, if someone becomes more serious about this hobby, they may consider getting some business cards made up to identify themselves as professional lock smiths. This would give legitimacy to carrying the tools and could become an alternative income source in changing times.
Zee
user 14225903
Miami, FL
Post #: 262
Hmmm... Very interesting. It would be a good skill set to have.
Chad L.
Chadster
Hallandale, FL
Post #: 89
How to pick most locks

http://youtu.be/WpH_t...­