addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Chad L.
Chadster
Hallandale, FL
Post #: 101
I miss the Army Navy Store Meet Ups. I liked those a lot, especially when demos were provided. Also i can not lie, I really liked getting the 20% discount during the meet up. The house never faild to lighten my wallet by several hundred bucks on each visit.

Maybe they'll have us back sometime soon?
Chris J P.
user 18804141
Group Organizer
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 834
Chad....we have better demos, and more space for people and parking at the parks we now use.....and ALL open to the public looks better when it is literally out in the open. .....Plus, the surplus store had overly inflated prices, so 20% off was not much.

Also, meeting in surplus stores, or closed door back rooms of surplus stores does not really help out with our open public moderate family friendly image.................. In the May magazine article in the Boca Observer about Prepping, they had the surplus store owner holding his "Sandy Hook" Special AR-15 in front of 50 cases of ZOMBIE KILLER power point ammo....... enough said
A former member
Post #: 7
We like the family friendly atmosphere of this group. We are learning that prepping should be for the whole family, not just the men.
A former member
Post #: 318
Chad,
I am on the other coast, and not trying to stir any differences of opinion up, but both you and Chris have a point to look at. Maybe if you contact the store and see about a discount for the group members on a certain day of the month. This would still give the store a boost in customers, you could organize shopping trips. So they might still offer the discount. But the meeting itself would stay at the park.

Would this satisfy? I know the store would still have to agree, but is sounds like good business to get a guaranteed flood of customers on a given day, and after all, that was what they were getting from the meetings anyway right?
Chris J P.
user 18804141
Group Organizer
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 838
.Plus, the surplus store had overly inflated prices, so 20% off was not much.
A former member
Post #: 320
I understand Chris, but it seemed that some folks liked it, so I was just thinking of how to accommodate everyone.

I use some local guys for some stuff that I could order cheaper, (or get at china-mart), but I buy it from them because I get to touch it, and see if I like it, and I can pay cash..... So maybe the members liked the store for convenience and such, and didn't mind the prices as long as they got the discount. Just sayin.
Scott
user 37042162
Pompano Beach, FL
Post #: 11
Awesome idea; Chad can you coordinate one in Broward and one in Dade on consecutive weekends??
Chris J P.
user 18804141
Group Organizer
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 840
Hmmmm....Ok.........Chad, please inquire and see what you can negotiate...................
Cliff
user 23252321
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 96
Better idea, Chad why don't you just ask them to give 20% off to anybody that says they are from the meet up group.
Neal
LBTS-walker
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 233
The Army Navy store meets are great during the summer when it is hot out, but we are going into the nice season for meeting outside. I'm curious if the stores would prefer to do sales in the off season months like summer as well.