add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Sustainable Survivalist Network - Florida Region 6 Message Board Events & Meetups Talk › Meetups in South Miami

Meetups in South Miami

user 71992882
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 16
Hey y'all,
Just moved to the South Miami area, and I believe it would be a great area to start having some meetups on prepping, primitive survival skills, wilderness living, etc, in this particular area. If anyone else around here (Coral Gables/ DT Miami/ Key Biscayne area) would like to assist me in organizing potential meetups, find available parks in the area, or just have a really awesome idea for a meetup, just post it on here or send it to my email:
Hopefully we can learn a lot together, and become better individuals for it.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 232
Thanks for stepping up Brad. If you find a location and date, we'll be happy to post it onto the calendar. We find the new turn out results come from consistent repeating meets. We'll be happy to list put a meet onto the calendar on a repeating monthly schedule if you'd be interested. Our goal is to schedule free, open to the public and family friendly meets.
Thanks again.
user 23635511
Miami, FL
Post #: 1
Greetings Brad,

I'm in Kendall but am willing to travel to the aforementioned locations as it is imperative to acquire such skills should SHTF. Like you, I'm not originally from South Florida. It seems a lot of folks are further North so I rarely see meetups this far South. Hopefully we can get a discussion going. Please post any ideas from any emails you may get. Also, I can be reached at should you need to contact me faster.

Region 6 Preppers
user 71992882
West Palm Beach, FL
Post #: 17
Right on Daniel, having more people who are interested makes things a lot easier. It would be nice to find some parks in the Kendall/Coral Gables area, but another prepper by the name of Danny told me of a park named "Enchanted Forest". Let's collaborate to set up a date/time, perhaps we can begin by having an introductory meetup to see what skills everyone has, and how we can learn from each other.
Let me know what you think.

Chris J P.
user 18804141
Group Organizer
Hollywood, FL
Post #: 839
We are waiting for the weather to cool of a patient, meetups start up again in full force next month................if you want to volunteer, just pick out a park, a day/time/subject(atleast 30-45 minutes total)....also confirm that the park allows folding chairs and tables...............we have had issues in Miami/Dade with city parks......................not allowing stuff............right it up, send it to me, and we will get it on the schedule.