This model workshop is limited to 11 photographers to ensure plenty of time for instruction as well as time for you to shoot the model. The minimum photographers required for the workshop to be held on this date is 5. Payment is through PayPal, but if you have issues with PayPal, please contact me for other options. The cost of the workshop has been raised a bit, but I will be covering more items, and there will be more time for instruction with only one model. I will be able to help the current photographers shooting, as well as all other photographers.
What you need to bring:
• Your digital SLR with a removable lens and a hotshoe, you would normally you attach an external flash to this
• Charged camera batteries and plenty of memory cards
• Your manual for camera tips(every camera is different)
What will the night entail?
This studio workshop will cover all aspects of shooting a portrait model. We will go over shooting from start to finish just like you would do in studio or on location.
We will cover:
• Light setups including how you would setup in the studio and on location including off camera flash and on camera flash
• Metering with your camera and a light meter
• Cropping and camera aspect
• Focus points and auto/manual focusing
• How to shoot better photos, not more of them
We will have one model tonight. I feel this will allow for more detailed instruction and help as the night progresses. The model will have two outfits for the night, which will allow you to have more time to shoot each one.
We will break the photographers into groups of two. You will each be given a specific amount of time to shoot the model. You can pose how you wish, but we will be right with you to help with any ideas and tips we might have. We will rotate through all of the pairs of the photographers. The model with then have a wardrobe change and we will start again.
Our model for the night is: Leslie (For those of you who went to the beach shoot, Leslie was one of our models and did an awesome job.)