The Space Coast Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Kids Friendly Hikes?

Kids Friendly Hikes?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, I am new to FL and joined this group because I loved to hike back in CO! However, it is a different world there :) and I was wondering if most of these trails are jogging stroller friendly? Also, is this group okay with the idea of bringing kids in strollers along for the ride? If not, I understand, so please be honest. Thanks! Depending on if kids can come along and if the trail is jogging stroller friendly affects my joining in on hikes! Otherwise, whenever I can find a sitter, I will try to come. THANKS!
Shawn R.
user 9204408
Titusville, FL
Post #: 1
Hi Hillary,

Most of our wilderness hikes can be pretty rough on a stroller including the rider. We sometime encounter roots, dead-fall, mud, soft sand and we may even have to wade through a little water. I know of a couple places that would be really nice for a stroller or a jogger. There's the Chain of Lakes up at the north-end of Brevard County over by Parrish Hospital. It's very scenic. They have a 2.5 mile paved trail that winds around several lakes with bridges and an observation tower overlooking the Indian River Lagoon. Another one of my favorites is the 19 mile West Orange Trail in Orange County that runs from Oakland, through Winter Garden to Apopka along an old railroad bed. It's paved and it goes by a lot of interesting sites. Maybe someone will lead a hike at one of those locations.

Shawn
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Shawn, Thanks a bunch for the reply. I will keep a look out for organized hikes at the locations you mentioned. Either way, I will probably go check them out myself if not! Hopefully I will be able to come to another hike without the kids. Hillary