Spanglish Toronto Meetup Message Board › Broadcasts/podcasts featuring conversational Spanish

Broadcasts/podcasts featuring conversational Spanish

Eduardo
eduzarate
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
Some of us have been wondering about radio broadcasts that could help intermediate/advanced Spanish students get used to the nuances of fluent conversation.

I do realize there are tons of news/music/sports stations from Spain/Latin America on the Internet. Same with Spanish classes. That's not what I'm thinking of.

What I'd like is to put together a list of podcasts/broadcasts with relevant (and hopefully entertaining) content that could help improve listening comprehension for non-native speakers. Perhaps a mix of music and current events. Or commentary. Or storytelling. Your choice.

So if you have any recommendations, feel free to add them on this discussion!
Eduardo
eduzarate
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
I'll start with a podcast I've been following for a while (and I'll admit I'm biased as it's produced by some of my favourite journalists, and it's a Kickstarter project - can't get cooler than that).

Welcome to Radio Ambulante

Every new broadcast features a short story from some of the best new journalists from Peru, Argentina, Colombia, Chile... which also makes for an interesting diversity of Spanish accents.

I'd recommend The Forbidden Word or (for a laugh at us true soccer fans) The Fall of River.
A former member
Post #: 48
Great discussion Eduardo. A podcast I used to listen to at the beginner/early intermediate level is News in Slow Spanish
http://www.newsinslow...­

Podcasts are free to listen to, and they cover news, grammar, phrases/idioms, and tell stories or talk about travel. It comes out once a week and is approximately an hour long.
A former member
Post #: 49
There's also Voices en Español, available through iTunes. It features a variety of 5- to 16-minute clips of native Spanish speakers speaking on a variety of subjects, including history, art and culture.

It's no longer active but you can download previous podcasts.