Hey guys, I believe this will be the first Spartan 300 biking event. AROO!
This is one of the funnest fitness adventures I've been on aside from the spartan race. I did the 2011 RONA MS bike tour from Ottawa to Kemptville, which was around 160k-180K, raised $250 and had a blast doing it, despite having to attend the event alone. So why did I have so much fun? well besides meeting really nice people there was lots of food, entertainment, there were evening ceremonies and even a huge bonfire and the beer tent.
This year I hope to get a group together... If I had so much fun alone I can imagine how much more fun it will be with some good Spartan company. So join me on this 2 day adventure. I promise you won't regret it, I certainly didn't :)
Multiple Sclerosis is an unpredictable disease affecting vision, hearing, memory, balance and mobility. Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world
This year's revised route offers a well-balanced ride with a combination of hills, flats and incredible scenery as cyclists wind through Eastern Ontario and along the Long Sault Parkway, which follows the river to a relaxing lunch on the banks of the St. Lawrence River. From there, cyclists will ride along paved bike paths which follow the river to the NAV Centre into Cornwall.
The tour offers cyclists of all ages and abilities both a one and a two day option, with routes ranging between 75km and 100km per day (with an extra 20km loop on Saturday). Those opting for the 75km route on Saturday will be provided with bus transportation to the NAV Centre from the lunch spot, whereas those opting for the 75km route on Sunday will be provided with bus transportation from the NAV Centre to the short route start point. One-day cyclists will be returned to the Metcalfe Arena from Cornwall by bus on Saturday evening.
This event includes:
- All meals (Saturday and Sunday breakfast, Saturday and Sunday lunch, Saturday dinner)
- Rest stops every 15-20 km
- Experienced Tour Leaders to guide you along the route
- Support vehicles and first aid attendants for safety
- Professional bike repair on both days
- Chance to participate in cycling clinics and training workshops
- Luxury indoor accommodations or camping on Saturday night
- Luggage transportation for all cyclists
- Return bus transportation from Cornwall for one-day cyclists
- Bus transportation for cyclists doing short route(s)
Event Date: Saturday, August 10, 2013
Start Location: Metcalfe Arena
Check-in Time: 6:30am
Start Time: 8:00am
Route Length(s): Day 1: 75km, 100km, 120km, Day 2: 75km or 100km
Early Check-in Date: August 6 - 9
Early Check-in Time: 9am - 6pm
Early Check-in Location: Ottawa Chapter, 1826 Woodward Drive
The following is the package that I registered under. So if you'd like to share accommodations with me just search for John Paez as your roommate. Or if you want to go with a different package see if you can find others that are doing the same as you.
Cyclist - 2 Day (Indoor accommodations - TRIPLE (3) or QUADRUPLE (4) occupancy) - $60.00Cyclist Registration fees cover the cost of food, accommodations and other incidentals
-Junior Suite with one queen-size bed and one double sofa bed.
- You MUST provide them with your roommates' names when registering
- A VERY limited amount of cots with complete bedding are available on a first come, first serve basis
- Private bathroom(s)
- Telephone, cable television and high-speed internet
- Air conditioning
Go here to register,http://mssoc.convio.net/site/TR?fr_id=2140&pg=entry&s_locale=en_ca hope you can join in the fun.
When registering make sure to click on the tab "join a team" and join the "Spartan 300" group.