addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Speak French in Plano Message Board › Advertisement policy for this board

Advertisement policy for this board

Closed to new replies

user 2278302
Group Organizer
Plano, TX
Post #: 9
1. If you want to post an advertisement, you must ask me (Gavin, the organizer) for approval first. Contact me with the exact text you wish to post.

2. If you post an advertisement without permission, I will remove both the post and you.

3. I will decide what is an acceptable advertisement, and my word is final. Generally I want a high-quality, low-noise group, so I will be picky.

I may approve an advertisement if it...

• Comes from an active member of the group
  • Pertains to the French language or culture
  • Would be of great interest to a large number of our members
  • Offers something that's truly a good deal or even free
  • Offers something that isn't otherwise readily available or well-known

I will probably not approve an advertisement if it...

• Comes from an inactive member who doesn't even live in the area
  • Is irrelevant to French
  • Would only be interesting to a handful of members
  • Doesn't offer compelling value
  • Offers something that would already be familiar to members because of advertising in other contexts

SMU French film festival
YES, because it's French, local, a great deal (free!), something that would interest a lot of our French-speaking members, and something they might miss if it weren't mentioned here.

International calling cards (advertised by someone in New York)
NO, because it has only a loose connection to French, the advertiser has joined the group solely for the purpose of advertising, and our international call-making members will already be familiar with options available to them.