Fun Networking with a Twist is an efficient and structured Networking Group making it fun and easy to meet like minded people in a warm fun way.
Let's face it people do business with people that they like and your net worth is relative to your network.
Our sponsor for this event is The Hub Singapore. The Hub is a community based group that supports Entrepreneurship and positive change.
Whether you're an entrepreneur, social entrepreneur, professional, techie, designer, civil servant, student or just someone with an idea... Work in a collaborative environment, with the support of a likeminded community behind you! This is the thinking paradigm behind the Hub.
What is Fun Networking with a Twist?
-A more effective fun way to network with like minded people.
-Speed networking is mixed in with games that are fun and a good way to bond with others.
-It is structured in a way where everyone gets an opportunity to share about themselves and what you do.
How It Works:
* Arrive early so you can register and chat amongst the other members before we begin at 7:30pm.
* Introduction & Quick Overview of Fun Networking with a Twist.
*We will watch a short 10min presentation about the Hub.
* Speed Networking for 40 minutes ( meet at least 5 new people)
* Start your 7 minute conversation
* You talk for 3.5 minutes - During this time the other person could ask you questions.
* The other person talks for 3.5 minutes - This ensures that each person gets time to speak.
* The next step - Exchange details (optional) and plan the next action step. Eg. Email you tomorrow afternoon or meet for coffee on Tuesday.
* Facilitator signifies to move on - Say goodbye and hello to someone new!
* We go over the outline of the group game and break up into groups.
* We give a live demo of the game and facilitators will help with this.
* We give five people an opportunity to plug their biz for 1-2 minutes.
* General Networking (optional) - Stay and chat to people you met on the night or meet new people.
Fun Networking with a Twist finishes - You are glad you came because you had fun, met new people, learnt something about yourself with the interactive game and you committed to following up with at least one person from the night!
Why did the group start?
People are well connected these days on the internet, through social media and now more than ever people are staved of social interactions.
People are more likely to do business with people they like and trust. That is why it is important to develop a bond and friendship first before you do business with people. This process develops much faster in a warm friendly environment that is conductive to letting go and having fun with like minded people.
-Have you ever been to a networking event or Small Business Networking Group and got stuck talking to someone for ages and you were too polite to say anything?!
- Didn't know when or how to ask for someone's business card?
-Do you want to grow and expand your business?
- Do you wish there was a place you could connect with like minded people regularly? and have fun!
- You would like to connect more with people in your business community, but you don't have much time?
If you can understand any of those Question's than you understand how Fun Networking with a Twist started in Singapore.
Why do people go?
1. Social Networking - Meet new people and have a fun experience...on a weeknight!
2. Business Networking - Expand your business through referrals, new business contacts and discussing anything else on your entrepreneurial mind!
3. Personal Development Community - They say "it takes teamwork to make the dreamwork" and "your network is your net worth", but where do you find these people? Right here! Be uplifted by other like minded people that are into personal growth.
4. Communication Skills - The opportunity to talk to so many new people is perfect for improving social and communication skills!
5. Learn Something New about yourself through our fun interactive game.
How is Fun Networking With a Twist different?
* Everyone will meet at least 10 different people a night.
* Perfect for attending by yourself because everyone will be encouraged to meet someone new anyhow!
* Fun, safe, supportive and interactive environment to expand your networking skills!
* We play fun games that require you to interact with others that creates a bond with your team.
*Structured evening - No wasted time with getting stuck talking to the same person for what seems like an eternity!
# Frequently Asked Questions #
*I don't have a business, should I still come?
Yes, not everyone comes for business. You can still help other businesses by connecting them with the 100+ people you know and it's fun to connect with other like minded people.
*What if I need to leave early? You can leave anytime after each of your 7 minute conversations.
*What is the format of the night? General networking, structured speed networking with about 5-7 mins per person, a fun interactive game in the middle of the night, five 2minute business plugs,brief thank you speech and optional general networking to finish the night! Please get there on time as our events run like clockwork!
*Who runs and sponsors the event? A Journey To Riches.They run personal development retreats and Coaching programs. And the event is sponsored by the Hub Singapore.
*What if I want to continue talking to someone for longer than 5-7 minutes? You can do this in the general networking section at the end of the night. Also, you will most likely have their business card so you can connect anytime!
*Is it like speed dating in Singapore? Kind of, but it is for business, social purpose's and who knows you may go on a date as well :)
*Is it like other small business networking groups in Singapore? Many people have small businesses, but many don't also. The atmosphere is more exciting because the event has an interactive game structured into the night that is fun!
*What if I don't have a business card? We will have blank cards you can write your details on. Feel free to bring your own also.
*What should I bring? Business cards, your friends, your radiant smile :)
*Is it free? Yes it is free to attend. There will be a short 10min video presentation about the Hub.
*What's the dress code? Casual clothing is allowed at the venue, but we recommend smart casual as it is a relaxed yet professional environment.
I look forward to meeting you soon!
Help others to be the best version of themselves :)