Spokane Area Libertarians Message Board › Regular working meetings

Regular working meetings

Rory L.
user 82116702
Spokane, WA
Post #: 1
Friends,

I’m new to this group and I think it would be helpful to have regular meetings. I suggest, starting next week, we begin meeting in the evening every Tuesday from 7:00pm to 8:00pm via gotomeeting.com. I am familiar with this service as I use it in my trade and it works very well. I will pay the service fee. I will provide a microphone for anyone who does not have or who cannot afford one.

I suggest the purpose of these meetings shall be to organize, allocate resources, and take action.

It can be difficult to assemble people with busy work and family schedules so this seems to be the most convenient means available. One hour a week may seem pitiful but it’s a start and we have to start somewhere.

Who is interested? Please respond now.
Kris P.
user 28088362
Spokane, WA
I'm interested in this.
James S.
user 84968302
Spokane, WA
I think this is an idea. I could be for it. I do think we need to get out in the public however. We are going to be scheduling a meeting after the convention.
Rory L.
user 82116702
Spokane, WA
Post #: 2
I think this is an idea. I could be for it. I do think we need to get out in the public however. We are going to be scheduling a meeting after the convention.

I agree whole heartedly James; I have two ideas of my own at the moment. I do not propose that this be our only function, merely a starting point for regular talks, an aim of which being to focus our energy and marshal our resources for our campaign here in Spokane. I will make an effort to contact the other members to try and enhance participation before next week and I hope you will as well.

Please list here at least one item you would like to discuss at this meeting as soon as you can and I will try to put together a short agenda.
Kris P.
user 28088362
Spokane, WA
I think outreach is obviously important, possibly the most important aspect of this group. For the meeting, I think we should certainly talk about possibly getting a list of the best ideas to increase membership in Spokane. I know I'm not well known here, so I'd also like to get to know those of you who are active here, as well. Let me know what you think.

Kris
Steven J.
user 58158602
Reardan, WA
I think this is a great idea although I won't be able to come very often. I would like to know how the meetings go however.

In LIberty,
Steven
Rory L.
user 82116702
Spokane, WA
Post #: 4
We'll do our first after David's meeting, that only makes sense. But I'm determined that we are going to have regular working meetings, I believe we need this. If you haven't already, please sign up for the meeting on the 8th; we need everyone there!
Rory L.
user 82116702
Spokane, WA
Post #: 6
I've signed up for a 30-day free trial with gotomeeting.com and scheduled a recurring meeting. I will start the meeting every night this week at 7pm PDT so people can get used to it. Please try it, it's super easy and it costs you nothing.

My plan is to try and get folks who want to be part of the action to set aside one hour on Tuesday and Thursday and tune in. You can join in by phone, PC, Mac, and just about any device that has internet capability. If you join by phone, please use the handset (speaker phones add too much background noise). If you're joining by computer, please use a headset or a microphone and headphones (please, no speakers blaring into mic's)

This is meant to be a workshop, we are going to focus on political action and save the philosophizing for another meeting.

Here is the meeting info:

1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotome...­

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Dial +1 (773) 897-3015
Access Code: 361-782-829
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 361-782-829

GoToMeeting®
Online Meetings Made Easy®