Spokane IBD Meetup Group Message Board › Tonights Meeting

Tonights Meeting

John J.
user 38756382
Spokane, WA
Tonight's meeting of the Spokane IBD Meetup was very successful.  Eighteen people attended the presentation by Tim Reazor from Investor's Business Daily.  Tim discussed the four questions that you should be asking yourself about any stock that you own.  He also gave a copy of William J. Oneil"s book, 24 Essentials Lessons for Investment Success to each attendee.

Each attendee was also given a copy of today's Investor's Business Daily and Tim showed some of the features of the paper that help you to decide when to buy and (more importantly) when to sell stocks.

After the meeting, several people said they didn't copy the exact wording of the four questions during the presentation.  Here are the questions that Tim emphasized in his talk:

1.  Is my stock slicing below the 10 week or 40 week (50 day or 200 day) simple moving average line?
2.  Is my stock gapping down?
3.  When my stock starts moving down, is it selling off in high volume?
4.  Has the market's trend changed? Is the market correcting?

If you answer 3 or 4 yes, then you should consider selling your stock.

We are planning a meeting for next month and we will send that information out toward the end of this week.  Thanks to everyone who attended.  We hope to see you at next month's meeting.
John J.
user 38756382
Spokane, WA
Post #: 1
This is a correction to the four questions listed above. Here is the corrected version:

1. Is my stock slicing below the 10 week or 40 week (50 day or 200 day) simple moving average line?
2. Is my stock gapping down?
3. When my stock starts moving down, is it selling off in high volume?
4. Has the market's trend changed? Is the market correcting?

If you answer 3 or 4 yes, then you should consider selling your stock.

Thanks for being part of this group.