Activity and Sports group. Do you like certain sports (e.g. golf or table tennis), cycling, and/or non-sporty activities (e.g. card games, quizzes or theatre visits)? If so, we could be a group for you.
We mainly hold events in the Ascot, Sunningdale and Windlesham area. A small but active group; about half of our events are sports or fitness related, but we also do various other social activities (so you don't have to be particularly interested in sport to join!).
Our most frequent events are currently:
• Golf - usually two or three times a month at weekends - mostly over 9 holes. Events for beginners to more experienced players (incl. coaching) - at courses in Ascot, Windlesham or occasionally Wokingham
• Card games evenings - normally every two weeks - usually on Wednesdays in Sunningdale (occasionally on another weekday)
• Table Tennis - at least once a month - on Wednesdays or Fridays
• Pub Quizzes - at least twice a month - usually on Tuesdays
• Cycle rides - about once a month at weekends (April to October especially) usually in Windsor Great Park or in & around Windlesham, with a beginners cycling event planned for spring 2016, and
• Floorball (Indoor hockey) on Thursdays in Burghfield, near Reading.
Trips to see local amateur plays, walks, tennis, snooker and music events are also all organised occasionally. A few events are joint with other groups. Once you join please suggest any sports or other activities you want to play/do. Please contact David G if you are interested in hosting an event (or events), including tennis or badminton.
There is currently* no charge to join or for membership. We are not fussy about you having to do a certain number of events though we do expect to see you occasionally, and so to keep our membership list sort of up to date (and because Meetup charge £40 less annually for smaller groups), we currently may assume you are no longer available/interested in group events and take you off the list of members if you do not look at our site for 6 months (those members who have never come to any events or just one), or 9 months (members who have done two or more events). Also if you have not done any events for 18 months (and at the same time not looked at our site for 3 months), or just not done any events for 2 years. Members who leave can though rejoin later if they become available again.
To join please complete a few simple questions and upload a current recognizable photo of yourself (a photo helps event hosts to look out for you and helps everyone remember your name). Photos can only be viewed by other members.
Please don't worry about coming along on your own - everyone has had to at some time. Members are of various ages. There is a roughly equal number of men and women members.
We hope to see you at one of our events soon!
*: A small charge may be introduced from January 2016.
272 Food lovers, socialites