Activity and Sports group. Do you certain sports (e.g. golf, table tennis or other racquet sports) , cycling, and/or non-sporty activities (e.g. card games, quizzes or theatre visits)? If so, we could be a group for you.
We mainly hold events in the Ascot, Sunningdale and Windlesham area. A small but active group; about half of our events are sports or fitness related, but we also do various other social activities (so you don't have to be particularly interested in sport to join!).
Our most frequent events are currently:
• Golf - usually two or three times a month at weekends - mostly over 9 holes. Events for beginners to more experienced players (incl. coaching) - at courses in Ascot, Windlesham or occasionally Wokingham
• Card games evenings - normally every two weeks -usually on Wednesdays in Sunningdale (occasionally on another day)
• Table Tennis - at least once a month - on Wednesdays or Fridays
• Pub Quizzes - at least twice a month - usually on Tuesdays
• Cycle rides - about once a month at weekends (outside of winter) with a beginners cycling event planned for spring 2016, and
• Floorball (Indoor hockey) on Thursdays in Burghfield, near Reading.
Ten-pin bowling, going to see local amateur plays, walks, tennis, music events, and snooker are also all organised occasionally. A few events are joint with other groups. Once you join please suggest any sports or other activities you want to play/do. Please contact David G if you are interested in hosting an event (or events), including tennis or badminton.
There is no charge to join or for membership. However in return please note that (like a few other local groups) we request that we do at least see you occasionally! Our main aim may be to enjoy certain activities, but it is also good to 'meet up' and to get to know one another a bit. We hope you share our philosophy. Therefore to fulfil our aim and to keep our membership list up to date (and because Meetup charge more for larger groups), we may assume you are no longer available/interested in group events and take you off the list of members if you do not look at our site for 6 months or if you have not done any events for 10 months (although you can apply to rejoin when you become available again).
To join please complete a few simple questions and upload a current recognizable photo of yourself (a photo helps event hosts to look out for you and helps everyone remember your name). Photos can only be viewed by other members. Members should normally live within 20 miles (or 32km) radius of Ascot and Sunningdale.
Please don't worry about coming along on your own - everyone has had to at some time. Members are of various ages (although the most active members are probably between about 35 and 55). There is a roughly equal number of men and women members.
We hope to see you at one of our events soon!