Do you enjoy certain sports, cycling or non-sporty activities (card games, quizzes or theatre visits)? If so, we could be the group for you.
We mainly hold events in the Ascot, Sunningdale and Windlesham area. A small but fairly active group; about half of our events are sports related, but we also do various other social activities (so you don't have to be particularly interested in sport to join!). All ages are welcome.
Our most frequent events are currently:
• Golf - usually two or three times a month - mostly over 9 holes. Events for beginners to more experienced players (including occasional coaching) - at courses in Ascot, Windlesham or occasionally Wokingham
• Card games evenings - normally every two weeks -usually on Wednesdays in Sunningdale
• Table Tennis - at least once a month - on Mondays or Wednesdays
• Pub Quizzes - at least twice a month - on Tuesdays
• Cycle rides - about once a month, and
• Floorball (Indoor hockey) in Burghfield, near Reading.
Tennis, Badminton, going to see local amateur plays, walks, and other sports are also all organised. A few events are joint with other groups. Once you join please suggest any sports or other activities you want to play/do. Please contact David G if you are interested in hosting an event (or events).
There is no charge to join or for membership. However in return please note that (like a few other local groups) we request that members be at least somewhat committed and that we do at least see you occasionally! Our main aim may be to enjoy certain activities, but also to 'meet up' and to get to know one another (at least a bit!). We hope you share our philosophy. Therefore to fulfil our aim and to keep our membership list up to date, we may therefore remove anyone who does not do any events in their first 9 months of membership (12 months for members who have done events with the group before) and we will also assume you are no longer interested or active if you do not look at our site for 6 months.
To join please complete a few simple questions and upload a current recognizable photo of yourself (a photo helps event hosts to look out for you and helps everyone remember your name). Photos can only be viewed by other members.
Please don't worry about coming along on your own - everyone has had to at some time. Members are of various ages (although the most active members are probably between about 35 and 55). There is a roughly equal number of men and women members.
We hope to see you at one of our events soon!