The Springfield Witches Meetup Group Message Board › Would anyone be interested in being a teacher?

Would anyone be interested in being a teacher?

Cori C.
red-diamond93
Springfield, MO
Post #: 1
Hi, um, well, I'm kind of new to this so I guess I'll just spit it out.... My biological father is a Pagan. Before he left, he started teaching me a little about his beliefs, and I loved it. I am an extremely eager student, and would love to know more. Only problem is, is that he is now all the way in Florida and has no interest talking to me anymore. So, if there is anyone who is willing to take on a student, then I would be more than happy to learn from you. Please either message me on here (if it is possible) or email me at cori.cartwright@live.com. Thank you.
A former member
Post #: 1
Welcome.

Try this link for Oakshade Sanctuary: http://www.facebook.c...­. This is a closed group but just request to join and Kate will get in touch or add you.

I am a solitary eclectic but plan to start attending their meetings in November.

You could also try messaging the organizers of this group for resources.

Do you know what Pagan path he was on? There are a lot of variations. I just kind of call what I practice Freestyle Witchcraft for lack of a better term.
Simon
user 2296112
Springfield, MO
Post #: 22
Hi Cori,

Welcome to the Meetup Group! This is a good place to connect with other Pagans in our community and I hope it helps you find some of the things that you're looking for.

>>I am an extremely eager student, and would love to know more... ...if there is anyone who is willing to take on a student, then I would be more than happy to learn from you.

That's great! The first thing to consider is this:

"What _specifically_ would you like to learn more about?"

For instance...

...Are you wanting to learn more about another culture's religious practices? Are you interested in "Wicca" as defined by Gardner, Alexander, et al? Are you interested in learning more about the practice of Magic and what that entails? Do you want to know more about how the popular image of the "Witch" came to be and how it is used in the modern world? Do you want to get involved in reconstructing ancient Germanic (or Greek, or Aztec, or Egyptian...) cultural traditions?

People involved in Neopaganism do all these things (and much more). One of the first things that many teachers (or groups that provide a teaching environment) will suggest are reading resources. If you can articulate what you're wanting to learn, I'm sure the people on this forum can recommend some reading suggestions to help you get started.

On that note:

"What have you already read, and what are your thoughts on it?"

--Simon