Springfield Freethinkers Message Board General Discussion › We need you for Board members for 2013!!!

We need you for Board members for 2013!!!

Alex S.
user 14117511
Springfield, MO
Post #: 19
(The following was posted to Facebook. This is a re-posting here.)

My fellow freethinkers. A pressing matter must be addressed. I have already mentioned it during the Monthly Meeting but it needs to be address here as well. It is that time again. Time to elect new board members!. Now that the president of the United States has been determined it is time to determine our president for the next year. We also have 4 other board member spots available. To run for the board and to vote on board members, you must be a dues paying member, at least by the time you take office. If you are interested in becoming a member of the board, please email us at Springfieldfreethinkers@gmail.com or leave your name and position you want to run for here. You will be added to a list for members to vote on. As for voting we will conduct online voting about two weeks out from the election day, which will be the first skeptics in the pub of the new year. Anyone who doesn't vote online will have a chance to vote on that date during that meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Alex S.
user 14117511
Springfield, MO
Post #: 20
Just a thought, this coming Skeptics in the Pub would be a great time to announce your candidacy for a board member position or the President slot. If you are interested in being more of a part of the group and its inter-workings, please consider becoming part of the board. The position requires very little time and effort(you get back what you put into it) I would love to see a group of energetic board members with great ideas on how we can make Springfield Freethinkers even better in the coming year.
John-Henry B.
user 9000802
Springfield, MO
Post #: 151
I'm sure there's a lot of you out there with some ideas and energy who would like to try guiding the group.
At the very least a bit of competition over the board positions lets us discuss some ideas. And the best way to get someone more representative of your ideas and preferences and viewpoints is to run yourself.
Alex S.
user 14117511
Springfield, MO
Post #: 23
This will be the last chance for anyone who wants to be a Springfield Freethinkers board member. A link to a voting site will be announced on or around the 24th. The final chance to vote will be on Jan 1st at the Skeptics in the Pub, after which results will be announced. Please remember that you must be a paid member to vote or run for the board. So far we have:
President
Alex Simpson, running unopposed
Vice President
Rob Gordon, running unopposed
Treasurer
John-Henry Beck, running unopposed
Secretary
Terri Fahnestock
5th board member(affectionately called Chaplain-at-arms)
Janis Haynes, running unopposed.

As you can see we only have five people running, so unless someone else wants to run by the 24th, the aforementioned members will win by default.

Alex S.
user 14117511
Springfield, MO
Post #: 24
Skeptics will be on the 8th and not the 1st.
Alex S.
user 14117511
Springfield, MO
Post #: 25
Update: 5th member canidate Janis Haynes has been replaced by Tom Van Someren
Alex S.
user 14117511
Springfield, MO
Post #: 26
Ok, this is the final final post about running for the board as the online voting for members will begin on Jan 1st and run up to Jan 8th at skeptics in the pub. If you have been contemplating running or paying dues to vote, please contact John-Henry Eric Beck. Below is the list of those who will be running. If I have missed anyone, I do apologize. Please let us know so we can correct the mistake.

President
Alex Simpson... Still running unopposed. (C'mon.... give me some challenge.)

Board
John-Henry Beck
Rob Gordon
Pam Adelmann
Terri Fahnestock
Tom Van Someren

Again, let us know soon if you want to be added to the list.
Bonnie
user 12734911
Springfield, MO
Post #: 20
Where is the link to vote online? I can't seem to locate it. Thanks.
Alex S.
user 14117511
Springfield, MO
Post #: 27
Bonnie, no link to vote because we didn't have enough people to vote for. Just enough ran to fill all the spots. But if you want you can you still cast your vote if ya just got to do something. :-P