Boston Area SproutCore Developers Message Board › Any takers for Boston-Area SproutCore organizers?

Any takers for Boston-Area SproutCore organizers? (We don't really develop with it anymore)

A former member
Hi to everybody in the SproutCore Meetup group,

If anyone would like to take over this group, please email me by February 25th, and the "keys are yours", so to speak. Our company is no longer very actively involved with SproutCore, and I don't want to be guilty of Meetup-squatting!

Two years ago, our company started using SproutCore. There was a brief period of excitement which led to the creation of this Meetup group, when Strobe was founded (and before it blinked out of existence in an acq-hiring by Facebook.) But we are no longer planning to build any new projects using SproutCore--if anyone else in the Boston area is actively developing with it, please step forward!

Those of you following closely know that what was to become SproutCore 2 is now a separate project called Ember.js. I do think there is some justified excitement about it, so if someone would like to give a presentation about Ember.js at a local Meetup, it would be well-received.

Finally, a quick plug: Those of you interested in Javascript-based, client-side MVC frameworks and libraries should check out BackboneConf -- which is about more than just Backbone -- in the Fan Pier area on May 30th and 31st.

Cheers,

--Richard