addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Square Pegs / Asperger's Support Group Message Board › The purpose of Square Pegs

The purpose of Square Pegs

Diana
user 7186193
Group Organizer
Rochester, NY
Post #: 13
One thing to keep in mind, when we meet for social gatherings, it is a time to be light hearted and share with one another and to have good old fashion fun. I try to choose places that are sensory friendly and inexpensive.
My focus for this group is to get together to support one an other, for there to be a safe place for people to be themselves, to educate the community about Asperger's to help decrease the stigma of the disorder. I strongly discourage heavy conversation about the political aspects of Asperger/Autism associations and what they may or may not be doing for Aspies. This makes many uncomfortable.

I am trying to find a meeting place that is conducive to our needs. I have a good prospect in Henrietta, and will keep you all informed. The meeting place needs to be free to the public, comfortable, low/hopefully non-fluorescent lighting, and hopefully located in Henrietta or Brighton. Ideally, this place would have the capability for showing movies or power point presentations for our guest speakers. I care for each and every person who comes to our meetups and will do my best to find an ideal place for us to meet.

Blessings -
Deborah