AUD1.00 per event
This covers: site fees, internet, phone and other running costs
Payment is accepted using:
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
Welcome to St Kilda Social, a group for people who want to take advantage of the fabulous lifestyle and range of activities on offer in St Kilda and surrounding suburbs.
Who can join?
Anybody can join – you don’t have to live in the area. What's important is that all members are friendly, sociable and positive people who are inclusive and respectful of others.
Is this a singles group?
No, I hate singles groups! There are lots of single people in the group, however we do have people who have partners and partnered people are very welcome!
How old are the members?
We have members of all ages, but those who actually attend the events tend to be from their mid thirties up.
What can I expect?
Most of us are normal, everyday people who have decided we want to get out a bit more, meet new people and/or do new things. It’s a great way to meet some really fun and nice people. If you want to make some new friends don’t expect it to happen after one event. Come along regularly and you’ll make heaps of friends.
Note: It’s probably not a great group to join if you’re extremely shy or socially awkward. It isn’t the role of the event organiser/host to look after you or stick with you all night (we will be happy to introduce you to a few people though). You’re responsible for having a good time and that means putting some effort in to chat and get to know others.
What type of events do you have?
· Social nights at bars and pubs. These are the most popular and well attended. We have a regular meetup at Barney Allen’s which is always a great night - it’s like our home base where everybody knows who we are.
Elizabeth regularly hosts nights around the Port Melbourne/Albert Park area, and Michelle hosts regular 80s nights. Theses nights often have other Meetup groups going as well, so tend to be great nights. Thanks ladies.
· Recurring events. These are on the calendar as a St Kilda Social FYI, which is just to let you know some activities that are on in the area that aren’t hosted. Members are always welcome to volunteer to host these events. Alan attends the Commedia Del Parte night regularly and is happy to meet up with other members.
· Movie nights. We go to the iconic Astor Theatre every few months and we’re also hoping to have more movies at other venues happening soon.
· Walks (hosted by Michelle) and, come the warmer weather, I’m planning some bike rides. We went kayaking once which was great fun too!
· Dinners and brunches. While we do plan these occasionally, it is often frustrating for the event organiser when people don’t show up. Especially embarrassing after organising with the restaurant etc. So, if you do RSVP for one, don’t stuff us around!!
· Other Stuff. Bands, theatre, festivals, art shows... whatever’s on in the area. We are really only limited by the number of people there is to plan events!
I do welcome other members who would like to host or organise events/activities so please get in touch if that's something you would like to do. It's a great way to meet people! :-)
I have asked members to pay a $1 donation at each event (although this isn't strictly enforced!). This money is used to cover the cost to have the meetup page (the one you're looking at, which is $72.00 every six months) and also the cost of internet, phone calls and text messages made to research, organise events, answer questions & respond to emails and more. I don't think one dollar is a lot to pay and if having to pay offends you I'd politely suggest you don't join.
Drop me (Wendy) an email if you have any questions.
We look forward to meeting you at an event soon.
The background artwork on this page is titled "St Kilda Beach" by Jos Myers. Details can be found on the link below.
3,740 Spanglish Speakers
775 Restaurant Lovers
3,258 Drink Scouts
412 Wine, Food & Travel lovers
2,682 Night Riders
2,292 Night Life Enthusiasts