|Sent on:||Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:45 AM|
Hi Game Developers!
First, thank you all for coming out last week and making the discussion so engaging. I think the meetup was a huge success!
This is just quick cross post from the discussion board here:
As I mentioned, I'd really like to do a Game Developers charity event this winter.
My basic idea is to have a fundraising event where we stream and/or play games with kids from some of the local Children's hospitals, and use the money to buy gifts off the hospital's Amazon wish list.
Alternatively, we could go through a national organization like Child's Play.
To make this awesome, we need some people to volunteer to help organize the event!
1. Gage interest among the game developer's meetup (how many people would attend?)
2. Form a committee to run the event
3. Determine how to raise funds
4. Pick beneficiaries
5. Find location
6. Tell your friends, get people involved!
7. Play/make games, Raise money, give toys to sick kids!!
If any of you have interest, or experience running an event like this please, LET ME KNOW.
I'm thinking sometime early December, the weekend of the 8th or the 15th, so please reply ASAP if you are interested in getting involved!