St. Louis Game Developers Message Board › Best Video Game Design Program?

Best Video Game Design Program?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello all,

I'm new to the group, and I'm looking to learn more about video game design. I've gotten information from the International Academy of Design and Technology and DeVry on their programs, but I'm not sure if they are well known enough to give me a head start in the industry. I'm looking for online classes, due to me not being able to move to a campus, being active duty military. Any information you all can give me will be much appreciated! I'm looking to start within the next couple months if possible. The only program I've worked with so far is the UDK, I made a map for the PC game America's Army years ago, and loved it! This is what I want to do after the military. Thanks for all the help! Hope to attend some meet ups and start networking and learning! Thanks.

Jason
Jerry
WhiskeySanchez
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
Well, since I develop games by myself I use an engine that is 2D based. (Time restrictions.) It sounds like you want to get into something 3D based. However, if you think starting with something smaller in 2D could be worth your while let me know.

Below is an EARLY beta shot of the game I'm working on in a test window. The character sprite has not been proofed yet to match the rest of the artistic style of the game, so she stands out a bit too much.