align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

St. Louis Game Developers Message Board › Oculus Rift

Oculus Rift

A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to see the new Oculus Rift if anyone has gotten their hands on one.

http://kotaku.com/the...­

Randy
user 13695372
Cedar Hill, MO
Post #: 61
I'm due to get mine sometime next month if they ship 1000 units a week. T_T I can't wait.

I will be bringing it to the next meetup after I get it. If by some fluke I get it before the game jam, I'll bring it with me there, but I highly doubt I'll get it. As of last update of processing, there is rough 7,000 units going out before mine. That means a possibility of 7 weeks of waiting if they can only get out 1,000 units a week T_T.

On the plus side, their first week was around 1250 units shipped, and their second week was around 1500, so here's hoping I get it at the start of may rather then the end. ^_^
David W.
user 37541062
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
We have an Oculus Rift at Simutronics. Think we should do a meet up to show it off and talk about the ... ahem ... challenges of working with it?

David
Randy
user 13695372
Cedar Hill, MO
Post #: 63
My rift just went into processing and should be shipped with the next batch. Probably won't get here before Monday. T_T

Should get it in the next week or two though. :D I'll definitely bring mine at the July meetup just to show off. If it comes in Monday, I don't think I could show it off. (Being shipped to my parents house because I don't trust it being left on the porch where I currently live. I don't think I could get there and back in time for the meetup.)

I just hope I haven't gotten my own hopes to high for it. XD

I wouldn't mind a meetup specifically for it. If anything, I know a lot of people would want to demo it if they could, and that would take a lot of time, even with two of them there.