St. Louis Sci-Fi & Fantasy Club Message Board › Event Suggestions

Event Suggestions

Lia
Group Organizer
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 12
Send an Email You are unable to greet this member
A few things before we decide the exact details... Ideally, I'd like to have one book club meeting each month. Please think about a day each month you could make say, 2 out of 3 meetings. Another organizer could step in one month if you are busy occasionally. For example, the first Sunday each month.
______________________________________­________________________________________­_________

We'll make two polls one for the book choices and one for the event time/date. When we make the book choice poll it will be for the first two books, so people have some lead time for the second book. We will then be able to choose books a month ahead of time from now on, to give people more warning. But, since most people (including myself) don't want to wait a month to pick the first book, we'll just have to rush a little this time-and I'm OK with that.

Please respond with additional date/time and book suggestions by August 29th. We can start the poll after that.
Anyone can make a suggestion for the date/time (and of course books) but our host will have final say on possible dates and times.
Ricki Marking-Camu...
rickimc
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 6
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Sounds like an excellent plan!
Lia
Group Organizer
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 15
I was thinking maybe Sunday, September 30th or maybe October 14th (I want people to have enough time to read the book) around 1:00 ish for our first bookclub meeting, but I noticed that was an option for a meet and greet - would that be a conflict? I think we should do a poll to choose a book.

How does the third Sunday of each month sound at 1:00? Its okay if you can't be present at every single one of those, as long as you think you can be there 2/3. If not, just make a new suggestion. (Someone else can host if you are absent now and then, and I'll try and be at as many as possible.)
Lia
Group Organizer
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 18
I was thinking maybe Sunday, September 30th or maybe October 14th (I want people to have enough time to read the book) around 1:00 ish for our first bookclub meeting, but I noticed that was an option for a meet and greet - would that be a conflict? I think we should do a poll to choose a book.

How does the third Sunday of each month sound at 1:00? Its okay if you can't be present at every single one of those, as long as you think you can be there 2/3. If not, just make a new suggestion. (Someone else can host if you are absent now and then, and I'll try and be at as many as possible.)

Or I guess any nth Sunday. Does it matter to you which one it is?
Lia
Group Organizer
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 19
Go vote on the book! Date will be set ASAP.
Jerry Durrwachter,...
Jerry-D
Alton, IL
Post #: 114
Comic Book Show, aka SPECTOR CLUB COMICS SHOW
Sun Oct 7, Nov 25 (2013 schedule yet to be announced)
10am - 2:30pm

$2/Admission

American Legion Post #111
7300 Lansdowne Avenue
Shrewsbury, MO 63119
http://comicshow.stlc...­

For more information, call Tony @ (314) 544-2812
Ricki Marking-Camu...
rickimc
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 8

How about last Sunday of every month. And what about the Clarkson B&N for a location?
Lia
Group Organizer
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 21
­I was thinking maybe Sunday, September 30th or maybe October 14th (I want people to have enough time to read the book) around 1:00 ish for our first bookclub meeting, but I noticed that was an option for a meet and greet - would that be a conflict? I think we should do a poll to choose a book.

How about last Sunday of every month. And what about the Clarkson B&N for a location?

Sounds good. That's a pretty central location I think and close to other fun stuff if people want to grab a bite after.
Lia
Group Organizer
Ballwin, MO
Post #: 22

$2/Admission

7300 Lansdowne Avenue
Shrewsbury, MO 63119

Thanks for the info! I'll put this on our calendar! Would you want to host this or should I just leave it as something people can do on their own?
Jerry Durrwachter,...
Jerry-D
Alton, IL
Post #: 115

$2/Admission

7300 Lansdowne Avenue
Shrewsbury, MO 63119

Thanks for the info! I'll put this on our calendar! Would you want to host this or should I just leave it as something people can do on their own?

I can host it--I'd like to meet everyone. However, I'd rather not commit to being there for 4 1/2 hours. These are MUCH more swap meets than conventions---There's almost never been "special guests". So, let's have the responders state when they'll be there and I'll attend whenever I can connect with the majority of them.