addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

St. Petersburg Photography Group Message Board › RESOURCE for SOFTWARE EQUIPMENT and TIPS!

RESOURCE for SOFTWARE EQUIPMENT and TIPS!

FRANK L.
user 5615547
Group Organizer
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 774
TOPAZ

http://www.topazlabs....­

This is the website for Topaz Labs. I don't own any of this software but many people within our group do and love it. They have several different programs with some as low as $29.95.

Make no mistake about it, I would love to be able to purchase the entire package and hope to do just that sometime in the future. For me, it's like looking at a Christmas catalog. Come drool with me....

Frank cool
FRANK L.
user 5615547
Group Organizer
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 775
NIK SOFTWARE

http://www.niksoftwar...­

Here's another software barn burner to drool over. Check out all of their products as well!
A former member
Post #: 500
TOPAZ

http://www.topazlabs....­

This is the website for Topaz Labs. I don't own any of this software but many people within our group do and love it. They have several different programs with some as low as $29.95.

Make no mistake about it, I would love to be able to purchase the entire package and hope to do just that sometime in the future. For me, it's like looking at a Christmas catalog. Come drool with me....

Frank cool

Best Noise reduction software out there! DeNoise 5
FRANK L.
user 5615547
Group Organizer
Saint Petersburg, FL
Post #: 778
ShiftN Software for straightening Building that appear tilted in your photos..

CNET gave it 5 Stars out of five stars, read their review
http://download.cnet....­

Another review and again 5 stars out of 5
http://shiftn.softwar...­

This is a great program, easy to use and it's, (are you ready for this) FREE! I've used it for years...

Yes, in a world that wants to charge you an arm and leg for everything, it's FREE!!!

Frank cool
A former member
Post #: 502
As those of you who were at St P Beach my D80 Nikon decided to short out and die that evening. So I had looked around to find a place to replace my scratched IR filter (the glass that sits over your sensor) a few months earlier. I went on unitedcamera.com's web site and they gave me a price of $248.00 to replace the sensor and the main circuit board as needed. Shipping was $11.00 to IL.
United replaced the sensor and power board in short order and returned my camera within 10 days and at the estimated cost. The camera functions perfectly. Check them out if you have a major repair on a body or lens.
www.unitedcamera.com­
A former member
Post #: 150
ShiftN Software for straightening Building that appear tilted in your photos..

For those of you who use CS5 go to FILTER. Then LENS CORRECTION. (Under this section you can even set up special configurations for your own lenses. ) Once there you will be on auto correction, but right next to it is CUSTOM. When that opens you will see a large amount of options including getting rid of CA, adding vignetting, etc.

The ones you want for straigtening buildings are at the bottom for vertical and horizontal adjustments. Beware a little movement on the slider will make a big adjustment.

This is a very handy section.
A former member
Post #: 525
Everyone was interested in that little spray bottle I had here's one on Amazon for $4
Amazon
A former member
Post #: 532
Cool gear for various triggers from acoustic to Laser, The Trigger Trap (mine just arrived!)
Article on ENgadget

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, all! I have gotten into a few discussions over on G+ with people who are talking about workflow in Lightroom. I decided to create a list of my workflow and post it, so I thought I'd share it here too in case anyone might find it helpful. :-)

1. I import all of my photos (another photographer comment that he actually flips through his images on the import screen and unchecks anything he doesn't want to bother importing so I have started to do that sometimes, but not always as I can import a bit faster)

2. Then go through and delete anything crappy (I know some don't delete but I don't mean blurry I mean I don't mean blurry as that can be fun sometimes, I mean stuff I don't like)

3. Generally I've imported photos taken at the same location so I select them all (I usually empty my card after every shoot), so I next go into the map module and drag them on the right place on the map

4. Next I go back to the library module and keyword the location for all photos (again usually the same place)

5. Next I rate which can be challenging, but here is what I do (the 1s & 2s I photoshop or use as backgrounds)
*****I MUST print this someday, and will probably put it up for sale
****I LOVE this photo, I may print it and may put it for sale
***I like this photo, it's not bad, but with some editing it may end up a 4
**I don't think this is a very good photo, it's not awful, but with some editing (or photoshop/Pixelmator) it could be cool.
*I find something interesting about this photo, but it's technically bad, very blurry or very dark or blown out.

6. I focus on editing the 5s and 4s, but generally there are only a handful of those so I mainly edit 3s. If I have too many 3s for a certain subject I view them all in (push N in library) Survey Mode. There you can view multiple images at once and it's a great way to find the best ones. I mark every image I want to edit with YELLOW. I mark every image I want to photoshop/Pixelmator PURPLE.

7. Once I've edited an image and it's ready to be exported or shared, or printed I mark it GREEN. :-)

(in case you wonder what the other colors are I use BLUE as stuff I've finished editing in my Pixelmator, and RED as stuff I've imported to edit for someone/something but that I did not take myself this way I will never accidentally think I took them)
A former member
Post #: 541
Cheap photogear http://www.cowboystudio.com/­ has some interesting low priced gear that is of better quality than a lot of the stuff coming out of China. I have bought a softbox and some stands and some misc. hardware from them all with lots of bang for the buck.