Kayak Lake Lillinonah

158 Hanover Road, Newtown
Directions: Route 133, go south on Obtuse Rock Road just before the bridge in Brookfield. Road changes to Dinglebrook Lane in Newtown. Launch is next left after passing Hanover Road.
Lake Area: 1,547 Acres

Join or login to comment.

  • Tim C.

    Fog, drizzle, mist, quite muted fall colors. Beautiful.

    October 7, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    All was good!

    October 7, 2013

  • cynthia

    As John said below. There was a bit of drizzle, but the scenery made up for the rain...

    October 7, 2013

  • John G.

    A little drizzle didn’t dampen the day. Fun Paddle once again.

    1 · October 6, 2013

  • Danielle P.

    Won't be coming today. Hope to make it another time.

    October 6, 2013

  • Ken

    I hope the weather map is right, Tim.

    To clarify to all, meeting around 11, in the water 11:15-11:30.

    October 6, 2013

  • John G.

    To bad missed time change !!! could have slept late
    Driving in Newtown 930

    October 6, 2013

  • Tim C.

    Okay see you in the rain at 11 am. I hope you are right Ken!

    October 6, 2013

  • fred s.

    11:00 AM it is. I will bring the sun block.

    October 6, 2013

  • Ken

    All,

    I am un-canceling this meetup and changing the time to 11:00 am. Please respond if you will be coming so we can coordinate. Otherwise, I guess we will enjoy the foliage alone.

    In the meantime, happy mattress-goddess worshiping!

    October 6, 2013

    • cynthia

      11 am is good. Toni, Peter and myself will be there.

      October 6, 2013

    • Mike P.

      I'll be there. Kayaking is a water sport ;-)

      October 6, 2013

  • Tim C.

    Let's check in around 11 am and see how the weather looks.

    October 6, 2013

  • Ken

    It's supposed to clear by 10-11am. Now am I the only one who still wants to paddle? I still think an 11 o'clock departure would be fine. Tim, check the progress of the rain band, you'll see that it'll clear in a couple of hours.

    Want to reconsider?

    October 6, 2013

  • Tim C.

    I have decided to cancel the trip today as there is a solid band of rain to the west.

    October 6, 2013

  • Mike P.

    Is the paddle still on. Raining pretty hard in NY

    October 6, 2013

  • Lucy

    Sorry to have to miss this one, but my tax extension is up on the 15!th and I can't find the papers! Have fun everyone!

    October 5, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Anything happening after the paddle. It's in the by-laws :)

    October 5, 2013

    • cynthia

      Bring your favorite munchies for the after party. We can eat at the park or if the weather is not good we can bring it here to Casa P&C, which is 10 min away.

      October 5, 2013

  • cynthia

    Weather calls for 30% chance of rain, or 70% chance no rain.
    Looking forward to paddling.

    October 5, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      There u go. A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!

      October 5, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      Anything happening after the paddle?

      October 5, 2013

  • Ken

    Hey Tim, and all,

    No god (or goddess)-fearing person is on the water by 10:00am! I know I'll be worshiping - the mattress goddess. ;-)

    Besides, the forecast is calling for rain until 11 or 12. Is anyone up for postponing for an hour or so? We'll be happy to join you then. Warmer, drier - sound more welcoming?

    2 · October 5, 2013

14 went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Create your own Meetup Group

Get started Learn more
Bill

I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.

Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy