Wow, what a... wet Biergarten Festival, but still a great turnout! On Sunday we got unexpectedly overrun with more than double the amount of people we had anticipated, so we ran out of food 2 hours in. Next year we will pray for no rain and be better prepared for the Sunday brunch. Thank you, everyone, for coming out and supporting that great event!
Before we get into announcing our usual Stammtisch, I wanted to invite everyone to the 'Supercup' match starring BVB Dortmund against Bayern Muenchen! That will take place on July 27th at 12:30pm. Viewing will be at the Armoury pub at 2048 Larimer St. Come get some mid-summer football in.
You might have noticed that we've changed the name of the Meetup group from the clunky 'Denver German Language Meetup Group' to the new, slimmed-down and sleek 'Denver Stammtisch'. This Stammtisch is still being operated by me, Joshua Seeberg, but it is now fully sponsored by the German American Chamber of Commerce. What will change? Nothing, really. However, as you'll see with the next note, we will be expanding our activities!
I have an exciting announcement: Denver Stammtisch will be holding a special-edition Stammtisch at Prost Brewing on Thursday, August 22. Details:
- Meet at 6:30pm for a free tour of the brewery
- Help celebrate Prost's one-year anniversary!
- Try out their Eisbock, a new brew they are releasing for their anniversary week.
I will post a separate announcement for this event. I just wanted to get it out there.
And now to the announcement for our regularly scheduled Stammtisch...
Join us on August 5th for great food, drink, Geselligkeit, Gemuetlichkeit and German conversation at the Tavern Uptown. A couple notes:
- There is free parking at the Tavern Uptown! On the south side of the building, there is a paid parking lot, but there are also several spots reserved for Tavern customers. Look for the little signs that say 'For Tavern customers only' (or some similar wording).
- The Tavern Uptown offers a happy hour/drink special. Until 7pm, they have 2 for 1 draught, well drinks and wine. After 7pm, it's $1 off all Colorado products. Ausgezeichnet!
The primary purpose of this Stammtisch is for German speakers of all levels to come and practice and improve their skills. This also doubles as a networking event for people looking for German and European-related connections in the business community. Bring your business cards and mingle! The German community in Colorado is relatively robust. We are here to help each other find work, get more business and gain access to new opportunities.
This Stammtisch is sponsored by the German American Chamber of Commerce - Colorado Chapter and is one of a handful of business/cultural events that the GACC offers the German community. Please check out the other things we do, such as:
The Biergarten Festival: www.biergartenfest.com
The Denver Christkindl Market in the winter: www.denverchristkindlmarket.com
Find other activities on our website. Also, sign up to become a member of the GACC: www.gaccco.org