I hope everyone had fun at Prost! I got a lot of great feedback about that location and even a few calls to move our Stammtisch to Prost permanently. Before making that decision, please consider a few pros and cons:
• German beer and atmosphere!
• Prost is a GACC member
• Easy parking and still pretty central
• Very spacious with indoor/outdoor options
• Limited food options
• Can get loud. When we're inside as the weather gets cold, the acoustics may be problematic
• No private space
My main issue is with the noise/acoustics. When I took over this group, we were at Wynkoop, where many people complained about it being too loud. So, I moved us to the Highland Tavern, where we stayed about a year before everyone realized that the acoustics were not conducive to a speaking group. So, I moved us to the Tavern Uptown, where I have never received one complaint about noise (with the exception of being stuck in that covered area in the winter). I have managed to develop a great relationship with the Tavern Uptown and now we get whichever area I request. I would hate to give that up.
One suggestion is to simply create a second Denver Stammtisch at Prost and hold our Stammtisch there every month (or every other month) in addition to the Stammtisch at the Tavern Uptown. Please give me feedback on this announcement. I will also be asking those who attend this Sept. 2 Stammtisch. Additionally, I will approach the Prost ownership and see what suggestions they have.
But for now...
Join us on September 2nd for great food, drink, Geselligkeit, Gemuetlichkeit and German conversation at the Tavern Uptown. A couple notes:
- There is free parking at the Tavern Uptown! On the south side of the building, there is a paid parking lot, but there are also several spots reserved for Tavern customers. Look for the little signs that say 'For Tavern customers only' (or some similar wording).
- The Tavern Uptown offers a happy hour/drink special. Until 7pm, they have 2 for 1 draught, well drinks and wine. After 7pm, it's $1 off all Colorado products. Ausgezeichnet!
The primary purpose of this Stammtisch is for German speakers of all levels to come and practice and improve their skills. This also doubles as a networking event for people looking for German and European-related connections in the business community. Bring your business cards and mingle! The German community in Colorado is relatively robust. We are here to help each other find work, get more business and gain access to new opportunities.
This Stammtisch is sponsored by the German American Chamber of Commerce - Colorado Chapter and is one of a handful of business/cultural events that the GACC offers the German community. Please check out the other things we do, such as:
The Biergarten Festival: www.biergartenfest.com
The Denver Christkindl Market in the winter: www.denverchristkindlmarket.com
Find other activities on our website. Also, sign up to become a member of the GACC: www.gaccco.org