addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Denver Stammtisch Message Board › Help Exchange Students!

Help Exchange Students!

Dana H.
STLHepcat
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Halo! I help find host families for foreign exchange students in high school (15-18 years old). These students come from all over the world and need an American family to stay with during their educational program. I'm always looking for people who have similar interests with the students and/or interest in other languages and cultures. We need people who are willing to host for full academic year programs (Aug. - May), full calendar year programs, semester programs (6 months), welcome families (4-8 weeks), and emergency host families (short intermittent periods of time - as needed).

The calendar year and semester programs start in January. Right now we have 13 students who have applied for the semester (6 months) program beginning this January, and they all need a family to adopt them for that time, or even some part of that time. These 13 teenagers come from Italy, Germany, Austria, Brazil and South Korea. If you are at all interested in providing a home for these kids and helping them have a fantastic experience in America, please let me know ASAP! Even of you just want to help short term, we could use the help. It would mean a lot to these kids and would be an awesome and educational experience for you and your own kids if you have them.

Thanks! Also, please spread the word with friends and family that you know in case they also might be interested in helping.

Danke!