Denver Stammtisch Message Board › New Meetup: NEW LOCATION for our August Stammtisch!!!

New Meetup: NEW LOCATION for our August Stammtisch!!!

Joshua
user 4041709
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Announcing a new Meetup for The Denver German Language Meetup Group!

What: NEW LOCATION for our August Stammtisch!!!

When: Monday, August 2, 2010 7:00 PM

Where: Highland Tavern
3400 Navajo St.
Denver, CO 80211
303-433-1990

Meine Damen und Herren... we're moving! After the great experience we had with our gracious hosts at the Highland Tavern during the World Cup, it has been decided that this Meetup Group will be moving there as of the August Stammtisch which will be held on August 2nd.

What will this mean for you? First and foremost, a much better parking situation! The neighborhood has plentiful, non-metered, on-street parking for all.
Second, better beer prices. Talks are still underway with Highland to cut our Stammtisch members some deals on libations.
Third, a better atmosphere for conversation. The Highland staff has offered to turn down the sounds while we're trying to sprech the Deutsch.

Downsides? A couple. Although very close to downtown, the Highland Tavern is not as easily accessable via public transportation as the Wynkoop. However, the bus lines 52 and 6 stop virtually right in front of the Tavern. Please refer to the RTD website for details.
Additionally, the Highland Tavern is still a sports bar and a Colorado Rapids headquarters. On the off chance that a scheduling conflict arises between our Stammtisch and a big game, we may be required to budge a bit and reschedule. We'll see...

Other than that, this is forming up to be a pretty sweet deal and I am very much looking forward to breaking in our new location! Where is it, you ask? Why, it's at 3400 Navajo Street, on the west side of I-25, accessable by the 20th Street exit.

One last thing: I would like to thank everyone again for making the World Cup matches and the Biergarten Party a huge success. There were always sizable turnouts for the Deutschland games (except the last one; what was up with that?) and some 700 people showed up in Morrison last Saturday. Thank you!!!

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­