Star Trek Fans of the Northwest Message Board › New members

New members

Chris R.
av8r402
Vancouver, WA
   Greetings everyone! It's great to see 4 of you signed up within minutes of each other, and only one day after I started the meetup group! I think it's a testament to the poularity and longevity of the Star Trek universe.

My name is Chris, and I decided to start the Star Trek meetup for a number of reasons. Mainly because I love the Star Trek universe. I've been playing Star Trek Online since the day it was released. I've also discovered this past year the art of papercrafting, and Star Trek papercrafting in particular.  Also, I wanted to meet like minded people, and explore new friendships on Earth, as well. So if you guys have any ideas for a first meetup, I'd love to hear them. Perhaps a casual meet someplace for coffee and pie? Let me know what you think, I'm looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person as well!

-Chris
A former member
Post #: 84
What about some "Star Trek Themed" events???

With Halloween coming up here soon in October, you could do a "Star Trek Halloween Party" as an idea for a meet up event.

There are all kinds of events you could do where Star Trek can be the main theme.

I am always full of ideas.......

Rob
Chad P.
user 12666028
Group Organizer
Clackamas, OR
Post #: 5
Nice to meet you, Chris. My name is Chad and I'm part of the Portland Science-fiction Book Club and we meet once a month at Old Wives Tales on E. Burnside and 15th-ish. I would prefer not to meet there as the gluten-free, vegan food doesn't sit completely well with me. I live in Milwaukie in northwestern Clackamas County. Where does everyone else live? Maybe we can find a point in the middle. Thanks :)
Chris R.
av8r402
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 1
Rob, I think a Halloween Trek party is an awesome idea! How many of you have costumes? I think for an October meetup we should plan on doing that for sure.
Wendy M.
user 43441892
Astoria, OR
Post #: 1
I have a TNG uniform and a pink tribble. And I think we shouldn't say "costume" it's a uniform. ;)
Chris R.
av8r402
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 2
Correction to my earlier question: do any of the other members have uniforms to wear to a themed event?
A former member
Post #: 85
Chris:

I bought the uniform top for a Star Trek Halloweeen Party a few years ago and I still have it. It was one of the "gold" tops. I bought it at "Party Factory" over at the Clackamus Towne Center Prominade shopping area. Every year they do carry "Star Trek" costumes but only carries a limited supply (amount) of them. Just a suggestion on where to find them.

I would be more than happy to plan a "Star Trek" themed Halloween party Meet Up event if you would like me to.

Thanks Again;
Rob
Chris R.
av8r402
Vancouver, WA
Post #: 3
Rob, I'm horrible at party planning, so I'm leaving this one to you. I'm not sure where we can hold it. Some place big enough for at least 15-20 people maybe. Any how, good luck, and if you need any help, please let me know.
-Chris