Join us this Tuesday August 20th for a presentation from Sandor Kiss of TeamThink. Sandor will be discussing the importance of market validation for young startups. This will be another valuable topic in line with discovering your customer and creating value based on a valid market space! This is another DONT MISS for young startups trying to discover their path.
Tuesday nights will never be the same for new tech entrepreneurs in Calgary. Every Tuesday night from 5pm to 10pm, “Hack Nights” come alive with hustlers, hackers and hipsters coming together to work on their startup ideas. If you are working on something tech related, and are in the pre-investment stage, this event is for you!
Startup Calgary has launched a new weekly event built solely for the “new tech entrepreneur”, who needs some focused time to work on their idea, in a great atmosphere, filled with other passionate entrepreneurs. You get the whole night every week to plan, develop and get feedback on your idea and startup. Come as an individual with an idea or come with your full team that are working to build your company. Aside from initial intro’s and sharing your goals for the night (literally what you plan to work on that evening), we won’t bother you! Just plan, build and grow.
Here is what is specifically included in our Hack Nights:
- 100% Free Access to anyone that wants to attend
- Will run every Tuesday night from 5pm – 10pm. Once Tuesday nights fill up, we’ll look at other days and times to expand
- Hack Nights proudly hosted at AcceleratorYYC, Calgary’s early stage tech co-working space located at: 2nd Floor:[masked]th Ave SE
- Hack Nights includes full access to desks, power outlets, boardrooms, whiteboards, meeting space, wifi and most importantly, free beer and Red Bull for a tweet!
- Full access to the entire Startup Calgary team alongside drop in mentorship, investor advice, free resources and general support as you build your startup
We are committed to helping grow Calgary’s tech ecosystem by starting at the bottom, with the simple, yet profound ideas that explode into big businesses and full time startups. After years of working with existing entrepreneurs and startups, we noticed that there are many organizations, mentors and funders that support existing startups. There is a huge gap to assist anyone that has an idea for a startup or is hacking away to build their idea into a full time business.
We decided to dig deeper and focus our efforts on empowering these entrepreneurs to start building, help them meet other great entrepreneurs in our city and ultimately create more successful startups in Calgary.
Join us on Tuesday March 26th, 2013 from 5pm – 10pm (drop in anytime, space is first come first serve) at AcceleratorYYC to kick off Startup Calgary Hack Nights.