Startup Grind Chicago Message Board › Hiring for a Sr. Associate/Principal
Second Century Ventures: Senior Associate/Principal
Second Century Ventures is the strategic venture arm of the National Association of Realtors®, Second Century Ventures (SCV), The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) is launching a technology accelerator program, REach™, to help technology companies realize their value potential and launch into the real estate industry. Second Century Ventures is hiring a Sr. Associate/Principal to assist in the launch and execution of this program and support to the SCV Fund. Roles and responsibilities shall include:
Support to NAR REach® Accelerator Program
· Program development: help to define program selection criteria, curriculum, manage applications, interview companies, coordinate program logistics, recruit and manage mentors, recruit and manage sponsors, recruit and manage advisors.
· Be a strategic resource to the companies. Consult and be a mentor to them in areas such as:
o Building a business: hiring, monetization strategy, developing and defining success metrics
o Customer Acquisition: Lead generation, tracking and conversions, go to market strategies, SEO/SEM
o Investor opportunities: leverage network to help them attract VCs, Angle investors, etc
· Leverage personal network in startup, venture and real estate communities to recruit, manage and schedule speakers for the educational sessions and one on one mentorship to the companies
· Act as concierge to companies when they are onsite
· Act as company evangelist to help them succeed - use interpersonal skills to develop relationships that can help build bridge between companies, NAR and Members to benefit all constituents
· Strategize, develop and launch ongoing PR opportunities to make program successful
Support to Second Century Ventures
· Proactively identify qualify, triage and cultivate leads
· Conduct financial analysis and modeling support including development of operational models, growth forecasts and capital requirement assessments
· Conduct due diligence, market research, financial analysis, customer interviews, management checks for new deal opportunities
· Assist existing portfolio companies in achieving their strategic objectives and connecting them with various groups at NAR to help them grow. Analyze portfolio company performance, conduct business valuations, member outreach,etc.
· Support general fund: help plan SCV and NAR REach® Accelerator portfolio company events, prepare board presentations, Identify speaking opportunities; develop marketing materials and general support
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
· Prior full time work experience at one or more of the following
o Four to seven years at top tier investment bank, strategy consulting firm, venture capital or growth equity firm
o Full time work experience at a high growth startup, ideally as founder or part of exec team with role in product development, product management or sales
o Real Estate industry experience a bonus but not necessary
· Deeply immersed in tech, and possesses a sophisticated, fact-based understanding of SaaS metrics, web based analytics and internet growth strategies.
· Active in social media from a professional perspective
· Strong interpersonal skills with an existing network among entrepreneurs, young technical talent, and startups
· Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate institution and top tier MBA
· Entrepreneurial, sound business judgment, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, technical aptitude, and a company-building orientation are all required
· Must be a critical thinker and possess rigorous analytical capabilities with strong understanding of financial statements and valuation methodologies
· Self-motivated and highly productive in independent work; able to envision, prioritize and thoroughly complete projects autonomously; Strong work ethic, ability to be proactive and responsive in high-stakes situations
· As soon as possible
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.