91 members already RSVP'd to attend. This meetup has been extended to our new Montgomery County members. This session is the first in a series of meetups to evaluate, discuss and explore appMobi and other cross platform development tools with Just Dev It members. Hands on workshops and hackathons for these development tools will follow shortly.
One of our presenters will be Peter Clough, Sales Director for appMobi. During our future workshops, Peter will be joined by an engineer who will help us with hands on experience using their great series of development solutions.
As with any Just Dev It meetup, you must RSVP which acts as your vote to make this session happen. So if you are interested in attending, just RSVP now. Invite a friend. Until we get a sufficient number of members who are committed to attend, no date will be set. Since the presenters may be engineers and other representatives from featured development solution companies, they must be assured of an adequate size audience.
appMobi is becoming the go to platform for rapid mobile app development. It has the easiest, most intuitive integrated development environment (IDE) for mobile app creation. appMobi also seems to be the most complete development tool available which coincidentally works within the web browser requiring no other type of installation - everything is in the cloud. Develop fully functional native apps for multiple device platforms with minimal effort from a web browser. Mobile app creation has never been so painless.
The solution's developer is constantly adding capabilities and services to it's portfolio. Now you can just dev almost any type of app only using web technologies instead of more tedious languages such as objective C. Have native access to the most popular APIs on the targeted device. Some of the dedicated app development solutions include:
• PhoneGap XDK (An easier, more robust implementation of phoneGap)
• Impact GameDev XDK (Integrated HTML5 Game Dev Environment)
• appMobi XDK (HTML5 Mobile amd Webapps Dev Tool)
Sure we will be discussing other cross platform tools, because you want to always select the right one for the project. But it seems that appMobi has become a great, competent solution to develop robust native and web mobile apps including games.
• We will discuss the technologies.
• Discuss: Apps vs Static Content ?
• Compare rapid application development to traditional development life cycles
• Explore business use cases. Also, explore how a web and mobile app solution could increase market share.
• Discuss existing website conversion scenarios, possibly using same content and media in a hybrid or native app.
• Discuss trends and the need for a great UI/UX to attract and maintain an audience. Graphic designers where are you?
• Explore choosing the best tool and approach for your business, project or idea.
• Discover how each of these technologies could benefit members of the group
• Network to possibly match members disciplines with needs
• Examples, Examples, Examples
As some of you know, hiring a mobile app developer these days is tough, especially if it is for the iPhone. Costs for a standard app could be in the $10,000 or higher range, depending on the complexity of the project. Plus you have to consider that some of the most successful apps, currently, not only are functional, but they also have a great user interface (UI) and user experience (UX). In most cases, these successful apps were developed by a team of 2 or more including a graphic designer. Great looking apps require great engineering and creativity to be successful. Form and function, people, is more important than ever these days for web and mobile app development.
Not too long ago, if you wanted to have a website designed and also supplement it with a mobile app for your business, you had to find a web developer, mobile device developer and possibly a graphic artist to accomplish your goals. As an alternative, you may have had to enlist a company that had all of those creative and engineering assets under one roof, expensive. This was the best practice, because in most cases, not one individual would possess the necessary skill sets to develop a great looking, functional website and mobile app.
Well the paradigm for mobile app and web site development that can do more has changed. Now you don’t need to solicit the help of many developer and creative talents to just dev your project. No more need for Objective C or other intensive programming languages. Now next generation web technologies are available like HTML5. Now if you have web development experience or can find someone that does, you too can develop great looking, functional mobile and web apps. In most cases, you don't even need a Mac to get started. Now the potential pool of developers has gotten much larger.
Hire a web developer. Do it yourself. Tell your mobile app developer about this new approach.
Now available are a new class of tools to build web and mobile apps. These tools allow you to build one app solution that works on almost any desktop, laptop or mobile device. Now you have the option of limiting your app to one platform or spreading out to all running as a native app or in the targeted devices web browser.
These new tools are different from traditional developer solutions.
• are intuitive and easy to use
• can be used in the cloud with a web browser to develop apps anywhere at anytime
• compile same app to support popular mobile and desktop platforms such as iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, most desktopand mobile HTML5 compliant web browsers
• does not require learning challenging or proprietary programming languages
• promotes great UI/UX designs easier than traditional development tools
• saves a lot of money, development time and other resources
• access to targeted device OS and hardware apis for location, accelerometer, data and other native capabilities
• apps have just as many capabilities and functionality as natively developed apps
This date is tentative. Please let us know best days and actual dates of availability so that we can gain a consensus of best time.
So let’s get together to discuss great development platforms like appMobi, Sencha, PhoneGap, JQuery Mobile, Titanium and others. Learn how we can all benefit by leveraging the best next generation tools for our businesses, projects and ideas.
As always, if you have any suggestions, comments or want to contribute to this meetup or one of your interests, please let us know.
BTW: You may want to check out our ever evolving website and join. There will be some exciting events coming soon, don’t be left out. Spread the word, the bigger the better.
Let’s just dev something, together.