Startup Milwaukee Message Board › Launch of Milwaukee Lean Startup

Launch of Milwaukee Lean Startup

Steve G.
user 4519391
Milwaukee, WI
Hello,

I'm excited to see everyone this week to kick off Milwaukee Lean Startup!

Leading up to our first Meetup, I thought I'd pass on a few thoughts about the how things will work.

• Overall, the monthly Meetup will be a casual discussion about the roller coaster process of technology startups and what tools and processes can help you be successful. 
  • The Meetup will focus on software/tech startups, not product or service companies. If you're starting a product or service company, this is probably not the Meetup for you. 
  • Monthly topics will be biased toward someone in midst of the startup, not necessarily someone who is thinking about starting a tech company someday.
  • Topics will include the lean startup process, funding and legal aspects, connecting with local startup talent and speakers with startup experience---both successes and failures.
  • I'll use my experience in launching my own companies as well as what I'm doing with the Spreenkler Talent Labs Seed Incubator to provide examples for this and future discussions. But I'll also depend on you and your experiences starting your companies to add value to the group!
All of this will be done in an effort to answer questions you have as you go through the process of launching your startup. 

One other thing, and this is important. Pizza will be served promptly at noon!

See you on Wednesday!

Steve