This was very entertaining last year and a few of the companies were standouts. If you're in fashion, this is the place to be! REGISTER HERE: http://dlasfs.eventbrite.com/
Celebrate startups in fashion at our second Startup Fashion Show highlighting innovative startups, brands and tech during LA Fashion Week – Fall at Cross Campus in Santa Monica. This fashion show is LA’s first and only fashion show where our lineup of online fashion startups will have models wearing their looks on the runway.
Our spring fashion show featured a dozen Silicon Beach online retailers and models wearing looks from international-inspired dress fashions, to women’s exercise clothing, to men and women’s underwear. Watch video runway footage.
PRESENTING COMPANIES for Fall 2013
- Quest Apparel. Quest Apparel is a contemporary men’s and women’s knitwear collection including tops, bottoms, dresses and outerware available online questapparel.com. The Quest brand reflects today’s urban active lifestyle, combining individuality with contemporary fashion. Brand philosophy centers around body-enhancing styles with subtle inspirational messaging. @QuestApparel
- Me Undies is a subscription-based or single-order site where men and women can buy comfortable underwear, or socks at MeBasics. @MeUndies @MeBasics.
- ShapeShifterZ creates custom body-shifting costumes to play, run, bike or swim. The company uses digital printing techniques to design each costume, sold online only.
CALL FOR STARTUPS
If you are a digital fashion startup and would like to apply to be a featured company in the show, you must supply your own 2-5 models, clothing, hair and makeup stylist, and entry fee. Each company has 5 minutes on stage which can be a combination of Powerpoint or video describing your company (1-3 min), and fashion models (1-3 min). If you are a technology company with a product or service, you can participate as well, but you also need to hire models to show your product. To apply, email [masked] w FASHION as the subject with a short description of your company, your Twitter handle, and a link to your site. If accepted, we will email you back with a $250 Paypal entry submission form, and request some images of your product and your soundtrack that will play as models walk. We will supply the lighting, project, screen, and runway.
Showcase your fashion related products or services at our Fashion Village, where you can buy a table to show your site, app, clothing, or servicer. Tables cost $250 and include a table, tablecloth, and access to power (you may need to bring an extension cord). Bring your own giveaways including candy, T-shirts, etc.
8:00 – 8:30pm: Check-in and Reception with drinks and appetizers, Fashion Village open
8:30 – 10pm: Runway show with presenting companies
10 – 11pm: More mingling and Fashion Village
PRESS REQUEST: Email [masked] with your fashion publication and circulation / distribution reach.
- Production: JNB Events, Cross Campus
- PR: Eliza Goodman
- Producers: Erik Huberman, Bruce Reynolds, Severin Nesselhauf
Have questions about Digital LA – Startup Fashion Show – Fall 2013 @ Cross Campus?
Contact Digital LA