Congrats, so far so good. From my perspective, it is almost impossible to find time during the workday to attend a meeting. I don't know how many others are in that situation, so I may well be the minority, in which case its just my bad luck.
Suggestions for alternate times / days:
- 'end of day' session around 4pm - ish
- A combination of alternating 10am then 4pm sessions
- A Sunday Salamanca Session once a month as well, maybe a breakfast meetup at Machine, great brekkie eggs with a group of entrepeneurs, not a bad way to chill out, quite literally, during Winter. In that respect Machine is great in Summer, but somewhere warmer would certainly be more practical during Winter...OnBar upstairs in North Hobart is roomy and warm!
Regarding promotion, I believe you need a consistent core of people who regularly turn up and are keen to keep doing so, you may have that now of course?! Then promotion makes sense.
I personally think that if people have more time to relax and discuss then more can come of these events, even if people come and go but the 'core' remain for some reasonable amount of time, then discussions will become more meaningful and 'actionable'. I believe some collaborative efforts may be achievable bewteen attendees if they are given more time and scope to thrash out projects and intentions? In this situation of cooperation, it would also allow for more specific activities such as 'Pitch Sessions for Practice' and 'Presentations for Practice' etc.
Hobart is a small place I think we should consider more collaborative efforts rather than just bouncing ideas around indepently, although, that is certainly fine as well!!
My thoughts and mine alone :)
CEO Exergaming Australiawww.exergamingaustralia.com
On 13 April[masked]:20, Oliver George <[address removed]>
OpenCoffee is officially 3 months old. We've had some great events and it's time to review and see how we can adapt and improve. I'm interested in hearing your feedback: What's worked and what could we do better? How would you like to see OpenCoffee evolve?
Some thoughts come to mind...
- Run as a breakfast meeting or after work drinks.
- Run more or less frequently.
- Actively promote in the local media to attract new members.
Report on more local relevant industry events.
What do you think?
PS. The next OpenCoffee event is scheduled for this Thursday. Please make sure to RSVP if you're interested in coming along.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Oliver George ([address removed]) from OpenCoffee Hobart.
To learn more about Oliver George, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]