Just a reminder that the first #leanstartup melbourne meetup will be on tonight!
Collis Ta'eed of Envato Networks (http://envato.com/
) known for their work on the Envato Marketplaces (Themeforest, Graphicriver and Videohive) will be giving an exciting presentation on Lean Product Development.
After this presentation, we'll open it up to some questions. The vision of this meetup is:
1. We're hoping to form a tightly knit hands-on community based around the principles of Eric Ries and Steve Blank (Lean Startups), focused on delivering value for Entrepreneurs and Business Owners.
2. Bring your startup related problems and focus on creating as much value for others as you can. The motto is less talk, more action.
3. The aim to create 'lessons learned' in the style of Eric Ries' blog (http://www.startuplessonslearned.com)
. Eric Ries has contributed immense amounts of knowledge to the entrepreneurial community - if we are able to give back through the Lean Startup Circle and in the form of case study - it'd be nice if someone could assist in helping to write these up.
The goal is to convert the knowledge and wisdom of individual Entrepreneurs and contribute to making "entreprenuership into a science." We're trying to create and document new insights.
4. It's all about the community and so we're very open to suggestions and attempting to stay community-driven.
5. Future events may each cover a key Lean Startup concept (e.g: Minimum Viable Product, Web Metrics, Continuous Deployment, Customer Development, etc.)
The meetup tonight will be hosted at Inspire 9 Web Development firm in Richmond. The address is as follows,
83 Dover Street
Look forward to seeing you there,
James Spittal on behalf of the #leanstartup Melbourne organisers