Pick, Pluck, Muffle, and Strum: Newbies, intermediate and advanced players learn a variety of strums and muffles, picking patterns and other finger, thumb and palm techniques to add interest and texture to songs. Trills, glissando, chromatic walks, daring rhythms, and other paraphernalia of the accomplished ukulele player are explored.
Dan Scanlan, aka. "Cool Hand Uke," will conduct an afternoon workshop "Pick, Pluck, Muffle, and Strum" on Saturday, October 12, followed by an evening concert. Both events will be held at the Wilkins School Community Center, near Regent Square. The workshop will be from 1 - 3 PM and the concert will be from 7 - 9 PM.
Bring to Workshop: ukulele, tuner, music stand. Bring to Concert: ukulele
Click here to Visit Dan's Web Site for news, schedule, videos, lessons, etc.; and check out Dan on YouTube HERE. See Dan's Bio HERE.
You must pre-register and pre-pay for this Workshop. The cost of the workshop is $20. You can also save money by registering for the Workshop + the Concert for $25. Note that the price of the concert will be $10 at the door, so by registering for both, you are saving $5.
You can Pre-Register and pay two ways: (1) using PayPal or (2) give cash/check to Jack or Marlene.
HOW TO PRE-REGISTER for Workshop using PayPal: You can use your existing PayPal account or create a new PayPal account with your Debit/Charge card to send payment for this event. Both of these are only a few clicks, minimum information, and will be handled by PayPal. Send the proper amount using PayPal. Here is how:
1. Write down this e-mail address: [masked].
2. Click this link to go to PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/send-money-online.
3. Enter your e-mail address, and then ours [masked] (exactly as shown here).
4. Follow the PayPal prompts to pay the appropriate amount ($20 or $25) using your existing PayPal account or your newly created PayPal account. Note DO NOT PAY ONLY FOR THE CONCERT - THIS WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE DOOR. Again, Dan's Workshop is only $20; Workshop + Concert is $25.
5. After you complete payment, please RSVP for the Workshop via this Meetup Announcement. If you pay $25, you do not have to RSVP for the concert; we will take care of that for you.
If you have any questions, e-mail Jack by clicking HERE via the Meetup Site.
How to Pre-Register for Workshop using Cash or Check: We will also accept checks or cash as payment. Contact Jack or Marlene for more details.
Note For Concert only: If you want to attend ONLY the Concert, please RSVP for that on a separate Meetup Announcement HERE: Concert-only Payment of $10 CASH will be accepted at the door. Do NOT pay for the concert only ahead of time.