Steel City Ukuleles Message Board Performance Opportunities › Request from Cynthia Kahele

Request from Cynthia Kahele

Jack
user 3735594
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 21
Hi, my name is Cynthia Kahele (yes, my last name is Hawaiian).
I am a non-traditional (that means older) student at Slippery Rock University.
This summer I am doing an internship at the Villa St Joseph in Baden PA, which is a nursing home and rehabilitation care facility.

As part of my duties, I've been assigned to put together an event for the residents, and the first thing that came into my mind was... luau. So, I am looking for a person, or persons, to come to the Villa to play ukulele for the residents.

The date of the event would be Friday, August 16.
It can be scheduled for either the afternoon, or the evening.

Can you please let me know if you, or anyone from your group would be willing to come and entertain? And also, what fee you normally charge?

Thank you so much. I look forward to hearing from you.
Cyndy Kahele
mitch b.
mitch.b
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 9
my schedule might not be totally predictable, but i'd love to do this if i'm available that day.
Priscilla K.
user 83050032
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 4
Did anything ever get planned for this?
mitch b.
mitch.b
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 11
Not that I know of. I noted it on my calendar in case I could make it, but I've missed a bunch of work lately and really shouldn't miss today too.
I'd love to see us do some good deeds, though. Fundraising or playing places like this. Maybe someone has a connection to a home in town we could entertain some time.