Steel City Ukuleles Message Board SCU Events › Distributing Posters for "Cool Hand Uke" Workshop

Distributing Posters for "Cool Hand Uke" Workshop

Jack
user 3735594
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 33
Posters were printed in three sizes: 11x17; 8.5x11; 4.25x5.5. The posters should be placed in businesses, bulletin boards, etc. wherever we might get registrants. Please document in this discussion thread any general information about where you are placing posters. Also any questions or comments about posters. FYI, there is a PDF version of the poster on the "Files" section of the Meetup Site. Thanks, Jack
Jack
user 3735594
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 34
A number of SCU members took posters at tonight's Hambone's Jam. Thank you. Please keep us up-to-date about their placement.

I plan to "hit" Robinson in the next few days, and will ask to have posters at the Guitar Center and other music/ukulele related locations. Plus any bulletin boards that are in high public-access areas. If you know of any such places in the "South Hills," please let me know and I will try to place posters.
RoseMary
user 72444322
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 1
delivered 1 large poster to Back Stage Guitars, gave 1 medium size to Elliott Sussman. Will deliver large poster to music store on Babcock near turn into Mill Vale. Rose Mary
Sunny P.
user 76844292
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 4
I got Squirrel Hill Library, shops on Forbes between Murray and Shady, Acoustic Music Works in Sq Hill.

From Jan K:
I've put them at:

-the DANCE ALLOY, on Penn Avenue (they advertise things other than dance-related)
-Commonplace Voluto CoffeeShop on Penn Ave (right across from the Glass Center)-very hip coffeeshop
-WHOLE FOODS

-E. Liberty Carnegie Library

-Barb Dahlberg is putting one at that great ARTISTS & CRAFTSMEN shop on Wightman.

-Sherri Roberts (really great newbie) took one to post at Squirrel Hill Carnegie Library

Tomorrow, I will put one at PIANOS n STUFF in Blawnox, and

one at the great Blawnox Coffee Shop, CURBSIDE COFFEE.
Sunny P.
user 76844292
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 5
Also put one up at Empire Music in Mt Lebanon and the coffeeshop next to it. Also Mt Lebanon Library.

I put some up on Walnut Street places in Shadyside.

And from Nancy D:
I have placed information at high traffic spots on the South Side--more to come: However, Club Cafe and the Tiki Lounge post for their events only.

Pittsburgh Guitars doesn't display info, but they put a scan of the poster on their website.Thanks to them!

also:

Dave's Music Mine Record Store
South Side Carnegie Library
Copies on Carson - next door to Pittsburgh Guitar
RoseMary
user 72444322
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 2
Large posters hung at Brighton Music on Babcock and Musik Innovations on Perry Highway. North Hills Library medium side. rm
Jack
user 3735594
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 36
I took posters to Robinson Center Guitar Center and to Lawrence Music (Castle Shannon). I have also placed small posters at a number of bulletin boards in the S. Hills.
Sunny P.
user 76844292
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 7
put more up by Pitt Student Union and also at Carnegie Library--Main. The librarian was excited because they are starting a little Teens Ukulele group there.
Elizabeth G.
user 12395765
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 2
I don't have posters since I missed the SCU meetings where they were distributed. I thought of a number of places to post - has anyone done so at: Whole Foods, The Coop, 61C Cafe (saw a guy playing uke on the wall outside there yesterday), Make Your Mark coffeeshop, Acoustic Music Works in Squirrel Hill?
Sunny P.
user 76844292
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 8
There are ones at the places above except for maybe The Coop and Make Your Mark.