Steel City Ukuleles Message Board SCU Events › SCU CookBook Project

SCU CookBook Project

Marlene
marleneparrish
Group Organizer
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey, All...I was impressed with the quality of the dishes, casseroles, salads and platters that you made for the buffet at our birthday party. Our community spirit was/is excellent. Which got me to thinking.

I think I will head-up a “Steel City Ukuleles (community) Cookbook….

I will send out a request for recipes. Everybody makes something really good. There will be guidelines, and I’ll give you a format to follow. When I get a response, I’ll take the next step. Don’t send anything until you hear from me again, ok? But you can start thinking.

Examples: Chris’s Baked Beans, Barbara’s Corn Pudding, Frank’s Santa Fe Salad, Jack’s Kolbasi and Kraut, Barb’s deviled eggs. Real food, simply made.

Yes, making a cookbook is a lot of work. (I’ve written 4 cookbooks, and co-authored two others.) But we all have skills, and I will ask for your expertise. We will need volunteers:  e.g., line drawing artist, proof readers, recipe testers, and so forth. When we all share in the process, there’s no burden and we have a win-win. (No, we won’t use an online copy-cat format.)

Oh, and I’ll request recipes from our traveling artists, too. Gerald Ross might send us a Michigan cherry pie; Lil Rev will have some gluten-free goody, Stu Fuchs is liable to contribute crunchy granola. And Danielle Ate the Sandwich? Right.

Your thoughts?

Marlene....