Story Games Seattle Message Board What We Played › "He's More of a Desk Knight ..."(Polaris)

"He's More of a Desk Knight ..."(Polaris)

Xander Veerhoff
user 14240548
Seattle, WA
Post #: 9
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Players: Tadd, Sev, Xander, friend of Tadd's whose name I cannot recall.

We told the story of Lepus, head of the Comittee to Reverse the Mistake and Orthorus, the Arbiter of Justice.
Highlights included:
-Orthorus being very clear about fulfilling a "Dark" prophecy, and people seeing nothing wrong with that.
-Lepus' more bureaucratic take on Knighthood, including the title phrase.
-Orthorus pretty much epitomizing the phrase "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
-Lepus finally striking a deal with a demon in exchange for having his wife and dog resurrected.

This was my first time faciliatating Polaris. Everyone had a good time but I should have been clearer about the roles that the Heart and Mistaken play. The Heart players gleefully played their characters' downfalls; it seemed more appropriate to Fiasco then Polaris.
Ben R
thatsabigrobot
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 250
Send an Email Post a Greeting
The Heart players gleefully played their characters' downfalls; it seemed more appropriate to Fiasco then Polaris.

Yep, that's a common mistake in Polaris. If the protagonist doesn't advocate for the character the game can lose a lot of its tension.