StoryCode New York City Message Board › Paying gig: Be on the roster for Google's Usability Focus Groups

Paying gig: Be on the roster for Google's Usability Focus Groups

JC M.
ijcmartinez
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 12
Hey all,

Below is a copy of an e-mail I received yesterday following a phone call along with permission to repost. It basically spells out getting a here-and-there gig as being listed on the roster of folks who are willing to be part of Google's UX focus groups.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in getting in touch with this recruiter, and I will give her your contact information. She seemed to indicate over the phone that they still have a couple of dozen slots open.

//JC

------------------------
//Begin Transmission

Hi JC,

My name is Jeanne and I am a market researcher. I am looking for small business people who might wish to participate in usability testing of Google's online business products. Participants receive payment of $100 to $250 each 1 hour session, depending upon the study. Google typically sends a prepaid credit card as payment.

Each usability study will be different, perhaps one time focusing on mapping or next on social networks, etc. The studies may be over the phone, online, or at a Google office in the City. There will be no sales presentations or any kind of "business opportunities" pitched. There is no fee to take part. We will respect the privacy of all business owners and managers who choose to join in the research. Our only purpose is to see how well their products work.

We want people who own and manage small business to consumer companies (Participants can have a part of their clientele be B to B.) that have an actual physical location, not any online only businesses. We can also use people who provide services, such as therapists, plumbers, photographers, or caterers.

Ideally, we would like to have our roster complete no later than late January.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Please email or call me with your questions during PST business hours. I would be grateful if you could forward my request to friends or colleagues who might fit.

Thanks,
Jeanne Damus