Do you play ukulele, guitar, or any other musical Instrument now?
Share with us the reasons for your interest...
To learn more and expand my limited knowledge of the ululele.
How many ukulele's or musical instruments do you have?
Do you have an occasional Friday night or Sat. morning available to come out and meet with us? We also have different music clubs meeting during the week, as well as music classes on week nights (check out the calendar, we are a busy meetup site!)
We are actually 3 different,but closely related things:
1) Live Music Events: We bring in various live music events, from acoustic music to music workshop, house concerts to open mike nights, etc. etc.
2)We are Uke University/River City Ukes, a ukulele based club that meets on a regular basis.
3) Roseville Acoustic Guitar Club,an acoustic guitar club that meets once a month.
So, if you want to know about live music events, and/or are interested in playing live music with us, join up and get all the announcements so you don't miss any Live Music Events. You can also read on to get more detailed information about Uke University/River City Ukes...
Uke University meets twice each month:
1) Due to the size of our group, we meet the first Friday night of each month at 7:00, followed by the next Saturday morning at 10:00 of each monthat "The Strum Shop" in Roseville Square Shopping Centerin Roseville(see map below)We do a beginners class on Saturdays at 10:00,Jam starts at about 10:30and goes till about 12:00/1:00or whenever our fingers fall off...
Our goal is 5 fold:
1)Promote the playing of this fine little instrument we call the ukulele...
2) Play Ukulele! To see some groups form and play out in the local community, such as the River City Ukes
3)Education: We will be bringing in the top talent in the ukulele world for all sorts of different Workshops
4) Fundraising:We have a 501(c)3 non profit corporation called "Ukes For Schools". We raise funds to buy ukuleles for school programs in the greater Sacramento area. Click HERE for more info on that.
5) HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!
How does this all work?:We have scored the 2 Santa CruzUkulele Club Songbooks, and will be playing out of those. You can download it here:
You will need to print it out yourself, as it is 400 songs!
We will be playing some oldies, some contemporary, some classics, a little bit of everything. If you have any songs you would like to play, make some copies for the rest of us, and together we will make some beautiful music...
The cost: The suggested donation is $5.00 per meeting, but nothing is required!
We are starting this club to be FUN! And that means:no politics, no attitudes, and especially, no ego's allowed. All members will be asked to come expecting to contribute to the overall goals of the club. Policies and procedures will be changed and improved as they are deemed nessasary. In a nut shell, common sense will be the prevailing theme of this club...Kapesh?
"The Strum Shop"
408 Roseville Square
Roseville, CA. 95678
My name is Stu Herreid, and I am the official "Dean" of UKEleleUniversity.I teach Ukulele, 5 String Banjo, Mandolin, Guitar, and Bassfull time here in Roseville area.my personal website:www.playbetterukulele.com
I am 58 years young, and have been playing for years, and recently, I was bit by the ukulele bug! I can't get enough of them... I own 15 + uke's, and have just bought a new Mike Pierera Koa Tenor,a new Bill Tapia tenor ukulele, and a new Kala Resonator, not to mention a new Gold Tone tenor banjo uke, I'm outa control!!!!!!!!...(somebody, stop me!)
My hope is that this Ukulele University explodes and we have more Ukuleleplayers than we know what to do with.All types of Ukulele's are accepted and encouraged: baritone, tenor, soprano, concert, resonator, banjo ukes, even slide ukes! The more, the merrier.
Kalais one of our supporters.
We highly recommend their ukuleles...
(Click on the Kala logo to go to their website)Contact Stu
Stu can be reached at (916) 257-2800His email address is: