Stumptown Gamecrafters' Guild Message Board › Scheduling change

Scheduling change

Jason
JasonClor
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Hey all,
I've taken all the regular meetups of the Guild's calendar for the time being.  Attendance has been low, and while it's always great to meet with those of you who've come out in the the last few weeks, I've decided I need the time I normally spend holding these meetups to work on my designs.
However, this is not the end of the Guild.  I'm leaving the page open so members can suggest events.  If a suggested meetup gets several RSVPs, I'll move it to the calendar.
I'm also open to suggestions, requests, critiques, and other feedback about how the meetups have been run and how this group could better serve the game design community.
Thanks,
Jason
Rob B.
user 56792932
West Linn, OR
Post #: 14
I know that I haven't been able to make it at all. Other things going on during the week which typically get in the way. I have been working with David Finn on his game a bit and I know he wants to get more help and playtesting with you guys. He said the discussion with the group was great help.
Jeff S.
user 4107003
Portland, OR
Post #: 54
Thanks to Jason for doing so much for so long. I've been gone for a while but will be back. For sure let's do playtest all our different efforts.
David S.
user 90051792
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
It really is a shame, but having seen how low attendance often was I can understand. Good luck on your designs!

Also, is the primary reason "attendance was low" or "you need more time for your designs?" If the former, maybe cutting back on meetings (say, once per two weeks instead of three times per two weeks) might help. If the latter, well, I can definitely understand!
Jason
JasonClor
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 13
Also, is the primary reason "attendance was low" or "you need more time for your designs?"
A little of both. My new job has changed my weeknight schedule and limits how much time I have to work on designing.

I think fewer, more focused meetups might generate greater interest. For instance, when I'm satisfied with my space game and want to playtest it, I'll suggest a meetup specifically for that purpose and see how many can attend and when.