The Stumptown Movie Makers Meetup Group Message Board › Display Your Videos On OUR Stumptown Vimeo Site!!!

Display Your Videos On OUR Stumptown Vimeo Site!!!

Larry M.
user 4447988
Group Organizer
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 8
All Members Please Read this Discussion thread![/b]

We now have our own Stumptown Movie Makers Group Posting and Discussion area on Vimeo. Please use it for posting and displaying your Videos! It's all new for us, but let's try this out and see if it will work for our Stumptown Movie Making Group.

The address is: http://vimeo.com/grou...­

I believe we will have a (group?) upload limit of 500 Mb per week, without any costs incurred. (More upload space available for a fee).

I've left our group site open for anyone (who joins our Vimeo Group Online Membership) to post videos without our review, and to allow anyone to join our Vimeo Group and/or comment and participate in our group forums. This is so it will be easier and faster for all you Stumptown Members to sign up and post your work.

If this becomes a problem for some reason, we can change these settings. Please let me (Larry McFarling, your current Vimeo Site Moderator) know ASAP about any perceived problems, concerns or related comments.

And if you post something, please let the group know on this Stumptown Meetup Site so we can go take a look!

As a side note, the artwork I created and uploaded for us on our Vimeo site won't display correctly for some reason. I'll have to work on that some more . . .

Thanks
Larry
Craig W.
Craig_Werner
Battle Ground, WA
Post #: 36
Just went to the VIMEO site and I find that it states we have 5GB per week upload capacity. Very Cool.

I kicked off the database with a copy of "Delayed Justice" and may send in a copy of a couple of others we've done. Check it out and send in your own!! smile

Craig Werner
Craig W.
Craig_Werner
Battle Ground, WA
Post #: 41
Just added another short video to the Vimeo site. The more our members regularly check our vimeo site, the more likely they will be to become involved, create their own and post. The reason for this group, after all, is to network, inspire, assist, connect, educate and amuse our members and hopefully, by that, be a host for much of the incredible talent within our membership.
A former member
Post #: 30
I am putting together a few short videos on Oregon and I just posted one to our account, has everything but the voice over. Lots of Ken Burns effects (one still image was over 200 Megs). Still just having fun, but you might like to view it.
A former member
Post #: 32
Working with slow motion today on a unique characteristic of the Bufflehead Duck - a diving display of its tail feathers. Shot at 750mm on a Nikon D7000 at 24p @1080p.
Craig W.
Craig_Werner
Battle Ground, WA
Post #: 42
San Francisco, CA – The San Francisco Film Society today announced the diverse group of tech companies participating in the inaugural A2E: Artist to Entrepreneur programs at the 56th San Francisco International Film Festival (April 25–May 9). Presenting partner Vimeo tops the list of leading thinkers in the areas of direct distribution, crowd-sourcing, outreach and audience engagement that will team up with A2E filmmakers to break new ground in forging best entrepreneurial practices for storytellers in a project-specific manner for the digital age. Running May 2–5, A2E is the San Francisco Film Society’s signature program addressing filmmakers’ challenges head on, by creating an environment where moving-image artistry and entrepreneurial culture mutually flourish. A2E’s debut filmmaker participants will be announced in the coming weeks.

“There has never been a better time for filmmakers to seize the entrepreneurial mission and take greater responsibility for their work,” said SFFS Executive Director Ted Hope. “But they can’t do it alone. Vimeo understood this right away and leapt on board to make A2E the place to get direct distribution really moving. With the help of these innovative companies who are revolutionizing the way the film industry functions for artists and audiences alike, we are confident that we will take serious steps towards forging a new model—personally hand-crafted for each unique program—here at A2E.”

“Vimeo was thrilled to partner with San Francisco Film Society's innovative new A2E program,” said Jeremy Boxer, Vimeo Creative Director, film + video. “Filmmakers need new entrepreneurial tools and skills to make filmmaking a sustainable practice again, and it has been our mission to create those tools, such as the Vimeo On Demand platform. There are so many options for filmmakers to reach their audiences these days, it is easy to get lost before finding the best route for your project. Filmmakers should now consider direct distribution a Plan A.”

Alongside Vimeo, many more forward-thinking enterprises will lend their expertise and collaborate with participating A2E filmmakers to confront the challenges facing artists today in getting their work seen, connecting with audiences and building community. Tech participants are divided between A2E’s two primary programs. OnRamp (the Direct Distribution Lab, May 2–5) will invite 12 select filmmakers to engage in an “open source” collaboration with the developers of new digital tools to determine if direct distribution would be a successful financial and creative option for their projects. These sessions will produce tangible results in the form of case studies and project-specific business plans. A2E LaunchPad (May 3–4) is a forum for entrepreneurs in the film and media space to connect significantly with filmmakers and funders, and inspire them to begin to implement the latest in cutting-edge technology into their creative and entrepreneurial processes.
Craig W.
Craig_Werner
Battle Ground, WA
Post #: 43
Yesterday we screened the documentary for the group who inspired it, The Portland Storytellers Guild. Received a very welcome response and request to make it available so that they can use it to describe what it is they do. Happy to oblige and thank you for the help and access.
https://vimeo.com/696...­